Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging Exercise

ANSWERED

I am a little bit confused in regards to logging activities. I understand that if I do 30 mins on the elipitcal or treadmill, my fitbit should log my steps and calories burned. But, other exercises need to be logged, correct? I don't need to log the 30 mins on the elipitical because then I would be getting double credit for the calories, right?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Is your Fitbit a Heart Rate version ?  if so then no you dont need to log ... as your heart rate will increase during exercise !! (Awarded Calories burnt)

If it is not HR model then log it ... probably be a bit off as would have logged some steps .. but pretty close !

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

The problem is if your wearing the fitbit then logging exercise of any kind would be kinda cheating .... it awards you callories if worn if heart rate or steps are elevated already ... if the exercise is completed without fitbit it needs to be told so !

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, I get that. But what about strength exercises? Does it automatically calculate calories burned when you're lifting weights for example? I'm just trying to figure this out. Obviously if you do an activity without your fitbit on, like swimming, you would have to log it. Right?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is your Fitbit a Heart Rate version ?  if so then no you dont need to log ... as your heart rate will increase during exercise !! (Awarded Calories burnt)

If it is not HR model then log it ... probably be a bit off as would have logged some steps .. but pretty close !

Best Answer

It's a charge, no HR. Thanks for your help!

Best Answer

When I use the elliptical or treadmill, it doesn't calculate my steps at all. I "have" to use the log feature to get any steps added.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will just be sure to note my steps and calories before and after these types of workouts....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I havent really thought about it but as long as my fitbit is calculating my heart rate im assuming it knows how many calories I've burned based off of my Heart Rate x Weight x Amount of time my heart rate is elevated so I actually don't even log my exercise unless it's swimming bc obivously it can't get wet. 

I could be wrong but it made sense to me lolol

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good thinking! I want credit for all of my workouts, but I definitely don't want to cheat 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

l exactly how i feel. If i don't know the exact calories of something I'm eating, i over-shoot bc i rather over estimate than under. NO CHEATING! lolSmiley LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cant work out how to 'log' my exercises that the Charge HR doesnt recognise - can someone please tell me how to do it? I dont have a smart phone - all on the computer 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@annedwyer wrote:

I cant work out how to 'log' my exercises that the Charge HR doesnt recognise - can someone please tell me how to do it? I dont have a smart phone - all on the computer 🙂

Logging Activities

Website

A activity can be logged on the activities page:

URL: Click here to go to the Activities Page

It's also possible to press and hold the button until the tracker buzzes before and after exercising. When the tracker sync's to the account, the exercise(s) appear on your account on the activities page, on the main dashboard (recent exercises tile).

Wishing a wonderful day

Best Answer
0 Votes