Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging my heart rate while boxing

Hi, I have (and love) my fitbit surge, which I use for virtually all of my physical activity. However, now that I'm getting into boxing, I've found that I can't wear my watch while wearing wraps. I'd be fine retroactively logging the activity, but I'm really interested to see my heartrate over the activity, and apply it towards my greater trends. A chest strap would be the perfect option, but I don't think that a chest strap can integrate with my fitbit account... can it???
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Manually logging boxing is the only rasonable option right now. I am in the same boat with (impact) MMA and kettlebells. There's no way I can wear my Blaze without shattering it during these activities. 

I hope that sometime in the near future Fitbit will release a chest strap that would be useful during such activities. I have read that some people strap trackers to their ankles. I don't know how accurate HR reading would be, but it's something to try if you are interested. It won't work for MMA since there's a lot of kicking involved. But, I may one day try it for kettlebells to see if it's a reasonable alternative. 

Best Answer

Hey there @robrobsrobin thanks for posting your question! @AuroraKat is correct that we don't offer a chest strap and you'll need to manually log . This post talks about a similar issue you're experiencing - maybe you can trade tips! Hope this helps 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes