Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for friends

I’m returning after years away and things are different (more difficult) in the community.  I’m looking for new friends to join groups.  I’m interested in hiking, walking and seniors supporting seniors groups as I restart my journey to optimal health.  If anyone knows of groups like that and wants to friend me so I can join I’d really appreciate it.  Thanks.

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

hello I'm not sure your age or where you live but I too am looking for friends for encouragement Love all things outdoors hiking nature love to walk I live in Southern Illinois but even if it is a text buddy for it encouraging each other that's fine with me. I am currently on the road to recovery from nightmare Land in the past 5 years since my divorce. I was a Fitbit fanatic way back then from 2013 to 2019 and I'm ready to hit the road. I also just joined an online program that I am excited about anyway I will be 55 years old on January 30th and I proclaim that I will be in a better physical and emotional place in my life 😁

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer

I am 71 and retired.  I live no Southern Oregon.  Had a Fitbit for several years but it’s been 3 years.  Just got a new one.  I’m trying to get into exercise to feel better anddd can lose some weight.  I’d be happy to friend you but I don’t know how either.  

Best Answer

I am also looking for friends

Best Answer

I keep trying to invite friends by using their username under the add friends tab but so far it tells me they do t exist.  I just tried to send you a friend request but it didn’t go through.  I’ve tried everything I can think of.  It would be really nice if ANYONE would respond with how to do it.

Best Answer

@Seaturtle7  I've asked a Fitbit Moderator to stop by to address this for us.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Can I add you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you 

Best Answer

If you know how, sure.  Did you read my info about myself above?  Would be interested in knowing something about you. too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

what is your username in the fitbit app

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seaturtle7

Best Answer

I know how, I may have requested you by now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It didn’t go through.  I have no friends request.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It ain’t no problem at all.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, i am interested (woman 33yrs old)

Can you add me please, i need a step buddy

Best Answer

I would love to but I can’t figure out how.  Someone posted that they asked a moderator to help but so far I haven’t heard anything.  Once I know how I’d be happy to send you a request.

Best Answer

Great thank you 🙂

Best Answer

Instead of user name, try E-Mail address.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That would be great but since I don’t know anyone I don’t have their email addresses.  I don’t feel it would be alright to ask.  I wouldn’t give out my email to someone I don’t know anything about.

Best Answer

@Seaturtle7 

Are you connected to google?

You have to set a username to be able to give it out for friends.

Go to fitbit on your phone -> click your name at the top, the box that says name, joined -> Click display name -> click username

We should be able to add you once this is set!

Best Answer