Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower rhr

I have been running 6 days a week roughly for just coming up to 4wks and I've noticed as of late my resting heart rate had dropped alot is this normal so quickly it was around 60-67bpm and now it goes as low as 52bpm I don't know if that's rather quick? I have not run for 2 days due to a knee injury but looking forward to picking it up again after I recover.. any input would be appreciated thank you in advance 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not unusual at all.

You may have an ability for several aspects of your aerobic system to improve easily.

And may be eating right without too much deficit for the body to do so.

Your rate of improvement for that is likely about to change though, so never fear, it's not going to keep dropping that much, and not that fast.

You may get into the mid-40's eventually, unless genetically gifted in that way then maybe sooner.

Keep an eye on that morning RHR, note it. If you see it starting to go back up - too much running probably or other reasons for poor recovery.

Then again an injury is sometimes the body's way of saying it needs a rest it didn't get.

I always preferred controlled rests rather than those type shoved on me for who knows how long.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer