Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marathon Training

I will be running in the Nashville Rock 'n' Roll Marathon on April 29th, 2017. This will be my second time running it. My first time, in 2015, I injured my hip during training and was a stubborn runner and ran the marathon anyways (big mistake). So this is a redemption race! I have been a runner for 9 years and keep up a pretty decent running schedule. Any advice and tips on training/diet/workouts/gym from expert marathoners?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

no advice since I run strictly for fitness (OK calorie burn), but want to offer up a good luck and awesome you! I think that is awesome!

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wanted to tag my Fitbit friend StarshipTrooper, but I couldn’t find him in the community. He ran his first marathon 3 years ago and has now run 8 so far. He had very good advice on how to prepare for that distance.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@OliviaJ0627 wrote:

I will be running in the Nashville Rock 'n' Roll Marathon on April 29th, 2017. This will be my second time running it. My first time, in 2015, I injured my hip during training and was a stubborn runner and ran the marathon anyways (big mistake). So this is a redemption race! I have been a runner for 9 years and keep up a pretty decent running schedule. Any advice and tips on training/diet/workouts/gym from expert marathoners?

Before I can offer any advice I'll need to know what your mileage and training looks like over the last two to three years as well as for the last six to ten months.  Things like total mileage, average weekly mileage, longest weekly run, how many 90+ minute runs per week, and how many speed drills per week would be very helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes