Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wondering where this routine will get me.

My daily exercise/workout contains

40 minute walk after dinner

50 push ups a day

5 minute run

Just wondering If I do this for 6 weeks where will this get me in terms of will it make me bigger, lose weight, etc. (I know that eating healthy plays a part too but just skip that and give it to me straight forward)

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@Deezy123 wrote:

50 push ups a day

5 minute run

Just wondering If I do this for 6 weeks where will this get me in terms of will it make me bigger, lose weight, etc. (I know that eating healthy plays a part too but just skip that and give it to me straight forward)

I'd bet it probably won't do much unless you are extremely sedentary and overweight right now.

The above said, if you use that plan as a springboard to running forty to sixty minutes then you will most likely start losing weight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Without knowing anything about your current fitness & health condition, it is hard to guesstimate the effect of this "routine".  But, I would guess that a 2-mile walk and 5 minute run will most likely "maintain" your current cardiovascular condition. The 50 pushups will probably strengthen your arms & shoulders. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It depends on where you are starting from, and definitely what your diet is like.  Walking is good for general health, the push-ups are good for strength, the running is good for cardiovascular health.  If this is your current routine and you change nothing in your diet you likely won't see any change.  You might see some strength increase from the push-ups which work the following muscles.

Push-up.png

If you currently do nothing, and you're adding these items (and you keep your calories level) you might lose some weight.  To be fair it's all a balancing act.  Change nothing and nothing changes.  Change one or the other, you'll see some changes.  Change both and you're likely going to see more changes.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think it will do much to be honest, but its for sure better than doing nothing. I guess I am curious where this combination came from? I think you might do more with a 45 minute brisk walk and a 15 -20 minute strength training routine.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Deezy123 wrote:

50 push ups a day

5 minute run

If you want to improve your cardio fitness you must keep your heart in the cardio zone for a minimum of 20 minutes non stop and a minimum of 3 times per week to get a minimum training effect. 30 minutes 4 times per week will give a better training effect, and so on...

For muscular you must exercise all you major muscle groups and do 3 sets of each exercise. There are 2 fibers in you muscles. The first set stimulates the first fiber. The second set exhausts the first fiber and stimulates the second fiber. The third set exhausts the second fiber. This breaks the muscles all the way down and you should give them at least a full day to recover (with the acception of ab's and calf's).

You should do cardio 3 to 5 times per week, and muscular 1 to 3 times per week, and the CDC recommends 150 minutes per week to maintain a good fitness level and healthy body weight. If you are not at a good fitness level or want to acieve a better fitness level, you should double up on thos numbers.

There is a saying I have...

If you ain't huffing and puffing and sweating, you ain't doing it right...:)

Best Answer
0 Votes

You also do not state how much weight you want to lose.

What you have listed is exercise only.

Losing weight has to do with what ever you put in your mouth. You can exercise all you want. But you wont lose weight unless you have a calorie deficit.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
I would say it’s a good routine to maintain your existing fitness level, but 6 weeks? Then what? There’s only some much weight you can lose and so much strength/muscle you can gain in 6 weeks. Any major changes will require far longer than that. Expectations of amazing transformations happening in just a few weeks or months are fueled by companies like Beachbody that heavily advertise their programs, but in reality, it takes years of consistent training and mindful eating to look like Shaun T. Also remember that one of the basic principles for gaining strength and muscle is progressive overload: if you keep doing the same things, your body will adapt / become more efficient at it without an incentive to increase strength/muscle. So if you want to do pushups (body weight) and can currently do 50, start with 50, but increase that over time. Even that is not ideal: if you keep the weight the same and only increase the number of reps, you’re mostly improving endurance, not strength.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer