Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meditation tai chi movement

My fitbit doesn't record my tai chi movement as it is slow and meditative.  No jerky quick movement.  How can i tell what my fitness level is from my activity at tai chi which is several hours per week?

Also, I am over 75 years of age and the 10,000 steps per day is quite a challenge for some of my body parts.  Bunions mainly.  How can i change the step count on my old fitbit?  charger 2?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

How do I set or change my Fitbit goals? 

• Fitbit app
    1. Tap the Today tab

, and tap your profile picture. 
    2. Find the Goals section, and tap the goal you want to view or adjust. 
    3. Tap the part of the goal you want to adjust, and follow the on-screen instructions to make your changes. To delete your weight goal, tap the three dots icon > Remove Weight Goal.

Note that personalized goal-setting is only available in the Fitbit app.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hey there @graygoose .. your tracker has a built in HR reader which can track your activity level. You can also start an activity - rename it to tai chi later and keep track of how long, how many calories you burned and if any steps were taken. Since that activity is not step based, you will of course not accumulate steps, but from a meditative and strength perspective the benefits are huge. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been practicing Tai Chi for 4ish years and have had my FitBit Charge 2 for two years. I found that my FitBit would register 0 steps during Tai Chi playing. I was pleased when I found that I could at least start and stop a generic “Workout” and it would record my heart rate and duration of practice. Recently I discovered that an added workout classification of “Martial Arts” was added. I now use that to record my Tai Chi sessions. It still only records heart rate and duration but at least I can log my Tai Chi practice separate from other activity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for reply

Best Answer
0 Votes