Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate when on beta blockers.

New to fit bit. Been trying to lose weight in lockdown as I'm so far overs it's really bad!  Aside from that I have APS (on warfarin for life) and a recently diagnosed arrhythmia so they plopped me on beta blockers till cardio can see me (bisoprolol?).

Daily me resting heart rate is about 43 to 49...it has always been this since I was like 16. They are going to up my betas so I'm now worried for an even lower resting heart rate. Doing exercise is just walking right now, but brisk walking. My heart rate gets to about 105 and I feel like I'm at my max it can go. I have a blood oxygen monitor and even at 120bpm I've about 98% oxygen but I feel like I have none.  Anyone else have similar issues?

I was fit pre kids.... 12 stone, size UK 8, 20% fat and doing running, swimming, weights training, xc mtb, horse riding and care (never underestimate how shovelling crap can burn fat and build muscle, haha).  So I am used to being non large and fit - but that was pre fitness trackers being common (2006-2008).  I used to do 4 hr bike rides, cycling up hills without stopping. But that all seems mental to me now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@WIRGLEYS welcome to the forums and great news on getting your Fitbit. Back in the day, around 6 years ago, I was on beta blockers for high blood pressure. I was just starting out in fitness and new to cardio. I remember starting to run and my HR wouldn't get out of the 150s running. It is what they are meant to do. I kept up with cardio and good nutrition and no longer require any medication to control my blood pressure. So now, my HR is where it should be running. low impact cardio like walking, I typically stay below 100 bpm for the entirety of the walk. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes