Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motivation

I know that positive reinforcement of desired behaviour with rewards is a very simple way of using human psychology to change action. 

Its simple. Very simple. But very effective!

Today is my 100th day as a Fitbitter. I was wondering how to mark the occasion, when this arrived:IMG_0338.PNG

It's nothing really. Just a small image file. But it gave me a real lift. Fitbit has realised that people like me are very simple creatures with very easy buttons to press. 

It's worked. I'm already planning my run for this evening!

Thank you Fitbit!

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@Dave001:  I agree. Even though it's a small image, it makes you think that "OMG, I walked this much! ". That feeling is amazing and it inspires to do more. Congratulations! Keep it up. Have a good run this evening! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a similar feeling when I got my Skydiver badge. I should really focus more on running the stairs when I am at home to get some more flights in, and that helped to get my focus back on that.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer
0 Votes

Congratulations and happy 100 days!!! I've only been a fitbitter for right at a month. It is encouraging to see that still after 100 days you find it motiviational b/c that is the top reason why I got my fitbit. I was hoping it would help keep me motivated 🙂 Thanks for sharing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @Bhuvana, I had a lovely run. A couple of hills, but also a nice long stretch along the seafront. 

Managed 4 miles in 43 minutes. 

Thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer