Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fitbit: Inspire 2 or charge 4

ANSWERED

Hi!

Sorry if I use the wrong forum, couldn't find any other more fitting. 

So, my Charge 2's screen is cracked, battery is no good and simply it's time to upgrade.

I have looked as much as I can on fitbit and google but thought I'd get some input from someone who has actually used one or both of those trackers. (Also, why is the compare feature gone on fitbits site? 

Logically the Inspire 2 has all I need and use which is HR, Sleep tracking, Workout tracking and steps. I don't really need the built in GPS since I allways have my phone with me (Im clumsy, alrigth, might need to call someone)

But then I started to think if one or more of these features are better on the Charge 4?  Even if it has loads of features i probably will never use...

I also wonder about the difference in size. I've tried the Inspire on and found it maybe a bit too slim. I quite like the size of the Charge 2, but I think the Charge 4 is smaller as well?

Altough not as slim as Inspire I'm guessing.

TL:DR, is there any reason for me to get Charge 4, or are the features that I use as good on both devices?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Okaina -- I have them both, and either is a good no-frills all day tracker. Neither takes up that much space on the wrist, and because they don't look like a watch, I don't feel weird if I wear another watch on my other wrist.

The inspire 2 is about the same size as the inspire, and the Charge 4 is about the same size as the Charge 2.  A lot of times I think the Inspire 2 is all I need, but then I notice it doesn't count floors (it can't because it doesn't have an altimeter) and I get irritated and switch back over to the Charge 4. :-).  I guess the other pluses on the CH4 (other than on-board GPS which you already mentioned), is a little more real estate to see things, but the difference isn't that dramatic and both screens are too dim to read in bright sunlight.  A plus for the Inspire 2 is that it really does have a long battery life. 

Good luck in your choice.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Okaina -- I have them both, and either is a good no-frills all day tracker. Neither takes up that much space on the wrist, and because they don't look like a watch, I don't feel weird if I wear another watch on my other wrist.

The inspire 2 is about the same size as the inspire, and the Charge 4 is about the same size as the Charge 2.  A lot of times I think the Inspire 2 is all I need, but then I notice it doesn't count floors (it can't because it doesn't have an altimeter) and I get irritated and switch back over to the Charge 4. :-).  I guess the other pluses on the CH4 (other than on-board GPS which you already mentioned), is a little more real estate to see things, but the difference isn't that dramatic and both screens are too dim to read in bright sunlight.  A plus for the Inspire 2 is that it really does have a long battery life. 

Good luck in your choice.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I have also used both and I prefer the Inspire 2. The main reason is that I have a very small wrist and the I spires are smaller. As you have already had a Charge 2 amd liked it , that probably doesnt apply to you, so Id say go for the one you find asthetically most pleasing - their functions are pretty similar. 

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thank you both for your answers and inputs! I ended up choosing the Charge 4, mainly because of the size 😛 Let's hope it won't disappoint! 

Best Answer