Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noteworthy November Step Challenge and Picture Scavenger Hunt

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

November Step Challenge and Scavenger Hunt

Wow.  November.  The year is nearly gone, but we’ve still got time for another challenge or two.

General monthly instructions are below, including the monthly picture scavenger hunt.           

How It Works

The primary purpose of these monthly challenges is to keep track of your daily step goals for the month; though many of us track other things as well, like body weight exercises, sleep, trips to the gym, logging food, etc. This is not a competition to see who can do the most of whatever, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency. So whether you do 1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of the monthly total you can hit your goal.

Some might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and others might have a variable goal throughout the week, (and some might even plan days off!) for example.
Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day
Sat & Sun = “6k steps a day,” or “not tracking”

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for the monthly challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format    
1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.
2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved out of the monthly minimum and or monthly total

Picture Scavenger Hunt

While you are out and about getting in your walks/hike/rides this month take a few pics that show the changing seasons in your area, fall (or spring) colors, holiday displays, if you are in a beach area, the boardwalk shutting down or opening up, something that shows change. 

DSC_8936.jpeg

Posting

Although you certainly don’t have to post daily, you’ll likely stay closer to what you set out to do by updating the thread several times/week

Injury Notice
If you injure yourself during the month and need to scale back due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
201 REPLIES 201

Great goals everyone! This is the perfect time to stay accountable, heading into those holidays!  For me, I'm trying to make fitness my lifestyle habit again after falling off the wagon for a few years.

Noteworthy November Goals

10,000 Steps - 1/20

Run - 1/12

Spin Bike - 0/6

Swim or Aqua Aerobics - 0/3

Strength Training - 0/6

Abs/Core - 1/20

Best Answer

I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween. I was good and did not eat a single piece of candy!  I would love to hear how everyone plans to stay on track for Thanksgiving.

My husband, my son, and I are signing up for a Turkey Trot 5K to make sure we get in some activity before the big meal. Friday after Thanksgiving we'll get our Christmas tree, then attend the Victorian Christmas Festival and tree lighting downtown. Saturday, the guys will decorate the yard and I'll decorate inside.  Hopefully we'll have time to go hiking Sunday before my son has to leave.

Here is a photo from my lunch hour walk yesterday.

IMG_6171.JPG

Best Answer

Hello!  I'm back from riding to find the weather going from 80's to 40's along with our first heavy frost of the season. Busy winterizing everything including myself! 

Won't change my goals, still 20k+ per day and 25 floors, weights and yoga 3x a week.

More later! Off to a Woodturners meeting today.

Best Answer

2 November 

10,000 steps a day for 20 days                                   2/20

12 days over 12,000                                                      2/12

6 days over 15,000 steps                                             1/6          

2 days over 20,000 steps                                               1/2

Swim 2x per week                                                           -/8              

Dance prac 4+ hours a week                                         2/20

6 bike rides or interval walks per month                      1/6              

3 Scavenger Hunt pics                                                     -/3

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@Maria527 — you are setting a great example for us having already thought about Thanksgiving.  I’ll check around here for a Turkey Trot 5K.  My wife and I have done that in the past and it is a great way to start the day.  Now is definitely the time to plan for it.

We usually attend a big Thanksgiving dinner with members of my wife’s family — several generations with 10-20 folks in attendance.  There will be lots of dishes (we will prepare a few) appetizers and deserts.  My goal is to limit myself to two plates full over the course of the 6+ hours we will be there.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Noteworthy November Day 2

Steps: Goal 10,000: 2/30

Boxing: 2/30

Bike 3 times : 2/30

Weights DVD: 1/16

Stomach YouTube : 2/30

Wall Push Up/Counter push ups: 2/30

Leg Exercises: 2/30

250 Steps per hour : 2/30

Log food daily : 2/30

Scavenger Hunt Photos : 3/3

Picture from the canyons

canyonfall.jpg

@Maria527

Halloween We dont get kids anymore. They go to trunk parties at churches or Schools. Much safer. So no candy was consumed here.

Thanksgiving we have some friends over. I have a serving of everything and also some Pumpkin cheese cake. Next day you have to have a Turkey Sandwich and then it gone. I dont over do like I did when I was younger

I usually do the turkey trot 5K here. But I cant this year due to problems with my leg. But I will go out on my own and do a 5K but it will be slow 🙂

Pretty Picture! Looks like an Awesome walk!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

2/11

Starting weight for 1st November 68.7kg.

10k steps - 2/30 days

18/6 fasts - 1/30 days

15k+steps - 2/15 days

30 minutes HIIT - 1/30 days

500 calories deficit - 1/20 days

Weight training - 1/15 days

I'm in Melbourne with friends so although I am not tracking, I'm being mindful of what I've been eating!  About 40k steps today (most of it was dancing for 3 hours straight at a gig!)

Best Answer

18K steps/day  2/30

10 pushup + shoulder extension /day

2/30

15 weight-lifting days

__/12

post 3 scavenger pics

3/3

Sleep 6+ hours 16 days or more during the month

2/17

3 pull-up + 1min bar-hang /day

2/30

1 50 mile bike ride

__/1

Lose 2 lbs (Starting (11/1) at 163.7 lbs)

11/1

Lots of leaves on the trailLots of leaves on the trailLove the carved animals in the tree + a witch hanging just to the left of the two owlsLove the carved animals in the tree + a witch hanging just to the left of the two owlsCarved tree from another angleCarved tree from another angle

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

I hurt myself falling off my bicycle this week and am still badly bruised and sore. But it's "fall", so I'm keeping with the season, right?

I probably got close to my 5k steps in today but my Versa was charging and didn't record it. Yesterday I got 10k in as I went to a Halloween hayride/maze/haunted house with a friend. The place was huge! I won't post pics as they might be unsettling to some people. 

Best Answer

OMG @Baltoscott I need to live in your neighborhood

Community Council Member

Best Answer

3 November 

10,000 steps a day for 20 days                                   3/20

12 days over 12,000                                                      3/12

6 days over 15,000 steps                                             2/6          

2 days over 20,000 steps                                               1/2

Dance prac 4+ hours a week                                         4/20

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Sorry about your fall @Chardy19. Hope you have no serious injuries. I finally gave my bike away, because I rode it so seldom it always seemed to have a flat tire when I needed it. {That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! 😂}

Best Answer

Noteworthy November - Day 3
8,000 steps: 1/10 days

10,000+ steps: 1:15 days

15,000+ steps: 0/1 day
Exercises & weights: 1:20 days

40 Jumping Jacks: 1:20 days

Eat 1 piece of fruit: 1/15 days

NEW! Lose 2 kilos: 0/2 kg*

Scavenger Hunt Pics: 1/3 pics

Current Trendweight 65 kg.

Best Answer

Noteworthy November Day 3

Steps: Goal 10,000: 3/30

Boxing: 3/30

Bike 3 times : 3/30

Weights DVD: 2/16

Stomach YouTube : 330

Wall Push Up/Counter push ups: 3/30

Leg Exercises: 3/30

250 Steps per hour : 3/30

Log food daily : 3/30

Scavenger Hunt Photos : 3/3

@Chardy19So sorry about your fall. Hope you are ok.

@Jotex  LOL I like you bike story! I actually cant ride one. I have tried and tried. But I'm just not coordinated enough. My DH even gave up trying to teach me and told me to stay away from Them 😄🤣😂

Community Council Member

Best Answer

@Chardy19 wrote:

I hurt myself falling off my bicycle this week and am still badly bruised and sore. But it's "fall", so I'm keeping with the season, right?

Yikes!

I've had my share of bike related falls.  I'm always surprised when it happens, and then (in my case) realize I was doing something stupid.  Last one was a couple of years ago when I was riding with a friend on a windy day.  I'd gotten ahead of him and was looking over my shoulder trying to see where he was.  Took my hands off the handlebars to stretch while still looking back and got hit by a gust of wind.  Lots of blood from a knee scrape that turned out not to be nearly has bad as it looked at first.  My wife said that if I had keys for the bike she would have taken them away 🙂

Surprisingly, I've never broken a bone.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Had a major car breakdown that threw me for a loop and I forgot all about some of these goals but hit over my mile each day and did get 30 active minutes in yesterday thanks to a Leslie Sansone Youtube video. So will strive to hit my 5000 or more today and try to regroup. Not being able to get to the gym each day is frustrating for me and our neighborhood has too many hills for my nerve damaged leg to handle yet. Glad to have this to be accountable on!!

Noteworthy November Goals-Nov2

10,000 Steps - 0 of 6 (1.5x per week)

5,000 Steps - 0 of 30

30+ Active Minutes- 1 of 12 (3x per week)

Strive for Goals

Drink 64 oz of water per day 0/30

Log food daily based on FitBit goal calorie intake 2/30

Lose 6 lbs

Best Answer

18K steps/day  3/30

10 pushup + shoulder extension /day

3/30

15 weight-lifting days

1/12

post 3 scavenger pics

3/3

Sleep 6+ hours 16 days or more during the month

3/17

3 pull-up + 1min bar-hang /day

3/30

1 50 mile bike ride

__/1

Lose 2 lbs (Starting (11/1) at 163.7 lbs)

11/3

Baltimore recently started an annual festival called "Light City" that runs for a few weeks this time of year.  Lots of interesting light based art in the inner harbor.  We spotted a drone show across the harbor with lot of interesting patterns, when I suddenly realized they were spelling out Light City.  Caught both words just as they were breaking up.  The bike powered light umbrellas in the first pic were pretty cool too.  The last pic was called Gone Fishing.  

Bike powered light umbrellasBike powered light umbrellasCityCityLightLight

Fishing polesFishing poles

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Starting weight for 1st November 68.7kg.

4/11

10k steps - 3/30 days

18/6 fasts - 2/30 days

15k+steps - 2/15 days

30 minutes HIIT - 1/30 days

500 calories deficit - 2/20 days

Weight training - 1/15 days

Didn't quite succeed in keeping the liquid calories under control! I also had some yummy baked cheese cake and boy! Did I go to town!

Anyway, back in Auckland now and firmly back on track! Bedtime now. Gym at 5am tomorrow!

I'm in Melbourne with friends so although I am not tracking, I'm being mindful of what I've been eating!  About 40k steps today (most of it was dancing for 3 hours straight at a gig!)

Best Answer

Noteworthy November 1-3:

15.5k Steps/Day: 01/30

2K(Or Less) Calorie Intake: --/30

Yoga: --/4

Weights: --/8

I'm already off to a rocky start with the month 😫 But I aim to crush goals for the rest of the month.  The park is no longer flooded, and my hip is definitely on the mend.

Best Answer

4 November 

10,000 steps a day for 20 days                                   4/20

12 days over 12,000                                                      4/12

6 days over 15,000 steps                                             3/6          

2 days over 20,000 steps                                               2/2

Dance prac 4+ hours a week                                         4/20

Community Council Member

Best Answer