Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pants Falling Down

Hi,

Everytime I exercise, until I build up a decent sweat, my pants fall down.  Apart from being embarassing it's very frustrating trying to run with one hand holding onto your capris!

Does anyone have any suggestions that will help?  Are there any exercise pants out there that will actually stay up?

Thanks.

Jan

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Get pants with elastic waist or ties or get a smaller size. I'm in a size 8 but I purchased a size small in exercise pants with elastic waist so they stretch as I move.

Best Answer

Wear a pair of exercise shorts under your pants!

Best Answer

I find my pants falling down issue is solved sometimes by making sure there is nothing in my pockets. The extra weight bouncing pulls them down.

A Fat One-eyed Man was sitting on the couch, then I got a Fitbit.
**** Fitbit Flex Since 10/9/14 ****
Best Answer

I don't have anything in my pockets.  My Fitbit One is clipped to my bra so it's not even that.

Best Answer

I'm going to have to Google exercise shorts now! Woman FrustratedWoman Happy

Best Answer
I can't wait for my pants to fall down!
I'm so jealous!
You need smaller pants darlin' 🙂
Best Answer

You can buy compression clothes which conform to your body.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same problem, I know how it feels Cat Embarassed try getting yoga pants, they are usually tight and comfy. I've bought mine from Lane Bryant, they have a wide collection of sports clothing Smiley Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with the yoga pants/shorts. They have been my BFF. If you've got a Tj Maxx near you I used to see awesome deals on pants there when I still lived in the states. I've been odering mine recently from Victoria's secret, bit pricey, but mine seem to last about 4 years before needing to be replaced and that's with being washed at least once or twice a week so they hold up quite well. 🙂 I know VS has the 2 for 60 deal going on right now with the "Most loved yoga". 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem but its always my underwear UNDER my yogo pants that starts falling down while i'm running....I look ridiculous running and constantly pulling at my underwear to stay up! lol....i think i might need to consider going down a size (which isn't a bad thing!).

Hope you find your solution and don't let it deter you from your goals! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I was dieting, I had to replace the workout pants most frequently. Other pants and skirts can work a little loose since you can belt them or wear them lower on the hip. But yoga pants can fall off. I even started getting them slightly smaller than I would prefer. The looser pants are find for lounge ware or running errands but not for a vigorous workout (assuming you want to stay dressed). Or get pants with a drawstring waist.

Sam | USA

Fitbit One, Macintosh, IOS

Accepting solutions is your way of passing your solution onto others and improving everybody’s Fitbit experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I agree about checking out Ross, Maxx, Goodwill, etc. as you may need to replace them more often if your size is shrinking.

Sam | USA

Fitbit One, Macintosh, IOS

Accepting solutions is your way of passing your solution onto others and improving everybody’s Fitbit experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with stretch jeans. They have a low rise and even with light jogging they start to creep down. Like you say there's nothing graceful about running and clutching the back of your pants to hold them up. Definitely yoga pants, Target has a whole selection in different styles and sizes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my yoga pants at Target also. I love them.

Congratulations on the loose pants! Isn't that a good feeling. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know how you feel! I have lost about 35 pounds since fitbit and man those pants. I would recommend either pants with eleastic or smaller pants. Keep up the good work!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've heard of some brands that are special for workout clothes, but I've used Nylontex and they are quite awesome to keep everything in place Smiley LOL

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Staples

http://48statehike.blogspot.com
Best Answer
pants falling down, can't wait for that problem!

as others have said, get jogging pants, they have elastic wiast bands
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gershon  Ouch! Smiley LOL

Best Answer