Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Best

On 1/11/19, I earned my personal best goal day trophy with 13,392. On 4/22/19, I earned cleats (40,000 steps). I wasn't doing personal best. If I start a new personal best challenge, will I have to beat the 40,000 or the 13,392?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

"Cleats" is a badge for lifetime achievements. You will get another badge ("Snow Boots") when you reach 45,000 steps, then another one ("Cowboy boots") when you reach 50,000 etc. (see the full list of badges here).

Your personal best was for daily steps. This is what you need to beat (in a day) in order to establish a new personal best.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CynthiaVivian- you are talking about two different things.

Fitbit awards badges for certain step counts, the 40k badge you earned (great job BTW) was because you did walk at least 40,000 steps in a day. The Personal Best of 13,392 was earned because that's the most steps you walked while in a goal day challenge. If you were in a goal day challenge on the day you earned that Cleats badge your personal best for goal day would have been the 40,000.

Personal best numbers are the most you earned during challenges, you have one for Goal Day, Daily Showdown, Workweek Hustle and Weekend Warrior. It's so you can beat your best effort for each challenge.

Hope that explains it 🙂

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hups, I stand corrected! Thanks @GSaldiveri for putting the correct info!

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@Dominique- NP 🙂

It does get confusing, but I found that out the hard way lol, that's why I made sure I was in a daily challenge when I went for my 100k. Now my personal best reflects that.

Personally, I think the Personal Best should update in the app the way it does on the profile page of the dashboard. You could have one tied to the daily goal as well, but your actual Personal Best should go up with your high step count. But that's just my 2 cents..

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer
0 Votes