Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PiYo

Has anyone tried PiYo? I am curious if it is worth checking out.

Being a good steward to this world means loving all your neighbors, not just ones you think have comprehension.
Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

I had to google PiYo, since I had never heard of it before. Turns out it's a combination of Pilates and yoga, brought to you by the Beachbody company, with the endorsement of a "celebrity fitness trainer". I supposed it's heavily promoted on American TV (I live in a European country with no exposure whatsoever to the Beachbody hype). Pilates and yoga are well-established forms of exercise, I'm not sure whether Beachbody and Chalene add any value to it. Based on the way they're promoting their stuff, I have a rather negative image of Beachbody, but that's just me.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hey, Nomes!

I have tried a few PiYo classes here and there, and I really enjoyed it. It was a great combination of strength and agility training. If you like yoga and pilates, but want something that is more "up-beat" or with a higher calorie burn, I would look into PiYo classes in your area. I already knew I liked yoga/pilates, but I didn't want to focus on mindfulness/meditation at that moment, which is why I checked out PiYo. As for the Beachbody program, it isn't out until June, so I'm not sure if that is what you were talking about?

Either way, I hope that gives you some answers! 

Best Answer

FitandHappyAbby, thank you for the info. I do like both but I am not the best at sitting still and meditating. I have heard of it before but BeachBody is the first I have really found on the internet. Might have to see if a local gym has this class so I can check it out.

Thanks again!

Being a good steward to this world means loving all your neighbors, not just ones you think have comprehension.
Best Answer

I have not yet.  I am a BeachBody coach and was thinking about trying it out in a challenge group.

Best Answer

I do it daily - if you are still looking for information about it, please let me know. 🙂 I personally love it more than any other workout I have done (and that is a lot). 😉 

Best Answer

I've been doing PiYo for 7 weeks and have lost 3" in my waist and I'm down 8 pounds. I LOVE PiYo! I'm also a coach and I run challenge groups to help you stay on track. Let me know if you'd like to get more information. fb.com/SmarttChoices

Best Answer

I'm on week 5 of Piyo. I love it! I get bored with yoga because there's not enough moving. Piyo takes care of that. I was worried at first it wouldnt burn enough calories for me because I like to eat, but it's done a nice job of helping me keep the fat off while putting on a little muscle too. 

Best Answer
I am addicted to PiYo. It's strength ,flexibility and cardio in 30-40 min! Amazing results quickly!!! I've never sweat in any exercise than I have with PiYo.
Best Answer
It's amazing!!!! Best program I've ever done by far!!! The muscle definition and strength and flexibility u get are fast and amazing!! Try it before you judge.
Best Answer
I'm in a PiYo challenge group and I'm hooked on it!!! I've never sweat like I do with this program. The results are quick and very noticeable.
Best Answer

Hey --- I am a PiYo Instructor  (almost 2 years)   This is an amazing workout and I would encourage you to check out a class 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you know how many calories it burns?

Best Answer

@Nomes I am a PiYo instructor  (4yrs)  Absolutely LOVE it.   It  is its own format that was inspired by both Pilates and Yoga.   It is music driven and you will find with consistency you will become stronger, leaner and more flexible.   Its a format that enhances your inner athlete!

my email is wrageonfitness@gmail.com if you wish to email me direct.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@curlygirl420   I average 450 for the hour ---  and of course the after burn 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am interested in this work out am hoping to start it soon. 

I downloaded all of the workout videos, the workout calendar, and I have the meal plan and list of foods to eat. Can you give me any other tips, suggestions, or helpful information to know about before starting this workout. Any information is appreciated. 

Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes