Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please bring back active minutes

I’m obese, work a desk job and finally hit a point to start a healthier lifestyle. Finally put my fit bit versa on and felt great about starting my calorie deficit and making sure I get at least 30 active minutes a day. Usually doing a step work out from you tube. Now that active mins have change to active zones my workouts are not showing as my daily activity! It has totally demotivated me and took me off of my plan. Why have they changed this with no notice or without a choice to us to what we prefer 

feeling defeated 😞

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

You don't say which Fitbit model you have, but thee are some third party clock faces that still show active minutes, as does the fitbit.com dashboard.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit versa I think it’s the original. 
thank you for your reply, I will look into clock faces. 
It was just annoying to me that I was on a clear plan for myself which was working as i have lost 4.5lbs and now my daily workouts are no longer counted as activity. Even though it helping me on my journey with burning calories and has help decrease my resting heart rate. I understand why people would need/like the zones especially people of a fitness higher than mine but my active minutes were keeping me in check to move each day which I wasn’t doing before 

Best Answer

I use "About Time" by CA, that still shows Active Minutes.  I don't know which models that is available for, but it might be that all "by CA" still show active minutes.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Do you turn on a workout when you exercise? That would be a good way to track your daily activity, rather than rely on zone minutes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

if you are doing the activity and your tracker picks it up automatically, you will get credit for the activity in the day counter. Also, if your step activity keeps you in fat burn for a period of time, you will earn zone minutes. It shouldn't say zero for the day.. at least I wouldn't think so. I was really attached to active minutes as well, but I actually have come to like zone minutes because of the effort it may take to get them. I feel more accomplished if you will. I hope whatever you choose, you will continue to do good things for yourself 🙂

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Hi everyone! I'd like to share this help article, which explains how your Fitbit devices track active minutes.

Hope this helps and see you around.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

wow nice one dear

Best Answer
0 Votes