Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pure barre

Does anyone else do Pure Barre and if so how do you count the activity?
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

This is a great question!  Very interested in others' answers.  I do Barre3 and log it as 30 minutes of vinyasa yoga and 30 minutes of intermediate pilates.  I have done Pure Barre also, and while there are differences in the techniques, I think the cardio intensity is similar in both.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I count barre as "pilates". My heart rate is about the same with barre and pilates (it will vary by the practice though). There are some similarities in the principals--I use to take a class that was half ballet barre and half pilates. I do think barre would likely burn a little more since most of the exercises are standing and supporting your own weight. But it would still credit more than fitbit alone would, and probably would not overestimate.

ETA: I just searched pilates in the app and saw they list "pilates, beginner", "pilates, intermediate" and "pilates, advanced". I would probably use "intermediate" depending on the practice. I think I used intermediate or advanced but my main barre workouts were faster paced barre like Physique 57 that use bigger range of motion in addition to the isometric pulses. I haven't tried Pure Barre or Barre3 yet. It would likely be more than beginner due to the standing work though. For those that have done pilates, there is a a big difference between a beginning pilates class where a lot of time is spent teaching and a more intermediate/advanced class where the movements flow continuously (or nearly so). I think most barre workouts would be more like the more flowing pilates practices in energy use.

Sam | USA

Fitbit One, Macintosh, IOS

Accepting solutions is your way of passing your solution onto others and improving everybody’s Fitbit experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I do and the only way I know to do it is to "log previous" exercise. But it never accurate

Best Answer
0 Votes