Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions For Advanced Fitness Folks

I have some questions for the more advanced runners/fitness coaches/instructors/etc...

1. What fitbit device do you use for your training?
  2. Why do you chose fitbit over other devices that have more advanced metrics?
  3. What metrics do you use for your training and why?
  4. What does your average week of training look like?
  5. How many sessions of cardio training?
  6. How many sessions of resistance training?
  7. How many days of no training?

I'm not an advanced fitness person by any means, but am curious how other people who are more advanced train, and what their approach is to training.

Any additional information that do not pertain to the above questions would also be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Just checking, this thread is just for runners?

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone more advanced in fitness.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is a workout I did today...

https://www.fitbit.com/activities/exercise/10992396655

For me this is a pretty intense workout as I was in the peak zone for 67 minutes. It is a very hilly (at least to me) course at Tyler State Park. It's about seven and a third miles and I do a combination of power walking and running.

I do this at least once every weekend.

The other 5 or 6 days I do combinations of interval power walking / running, just power walking, or a slow paced steady state run. These are anywhere from 3 to 5.5 miles depending on the course I do.

Once or twice a week I do just a fast paced walk (3 to 5.5 miles) for recovery if I start feeling too stressed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bcalvanese wrote:

Anyone more advanced in fitness.

Just curious how you define that, especially the difference between intermediate and advanced. It's actually a topic of debate I get sucked into.

That's an intense workout you posted. Unfortunately, the link didn't work. I believe activity logs are only available on the web for the person who logged them. You might have to post screenshots if you want to share details.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20171119-220911.jpg

Screenshot_20171119-220802.jpg

Screenshot_20171119-220754.jpg

Here are the screen shots.

Thanks,

Best Answer
0 Votes

bccalvanese:  I use ChargeHR because it fits my purpose.

I look at HR and calories burned.

I exercise 5 days per week, 5 days of cardio using an elliptical, rower and stationary bike on alternate days, 45 minutes of cardio on those days, weight training 2-3 days a week, on days I don't row, lasting 30-40 minutes.  I rest on the week ends.  Steps never have or never will interest me.  I'm 70 years old and have exercised for the past 35 years.  When I only ran, I ran 7 days a week 365 days per year.  Training runs were 6-7 miles, competed in numerous 10K's, 2 Marathons and one Mini triathlon.

Best Answer

1. What fitbit device do you use for your training?
  2. Why do you chose fitbit over other devices that have more advanced metrics?
  3. What metrics do you use for your training and why?
  4. What does your average week of training look like?
  5. How many sessions of cardio training?
  6. How many sessions of resistance training?
  7. How many days of no training?

1. I use the Charge2. 

2. I do a lot of things now that are not step based, so it wasn't adequately capturing that activity.

3.  Calories burned, HR (I can measure my recovery this way), amount of weight I can lift, overall performance in the sports that I play.

4.  I've got two systems (on and off season as I call it)

Off-season

1. Strength Training - 3x week

2. Plyometics - 3x week

3. Interval training 4x week

4.  Basketball - full court 4-5 x's a week.  Mostly informal pick up with younger men/teenagers

5. 3-4 mile dog walks (helps with the knees) almost daily

I might take a full day off a week, but I usually get called to hit the court for an hour or two most days.

In Season

1. Strength Training - 3x week

2.  Basketball - full court 5-6 x's a week.  This is pick up intermixed with some more formal activity with men my age.  Body needs a bit more recovery.

3.  3-4 mile dog walks (helps with the knees

I try to Friday and Saturday off during this time as I can get pretty beat up.

Best Answer