Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RHR increasing

ANSWERED

Hello, I started doing kickboxing 2 months ago. I was feeling good; my RHR went from 64 to 51 so I thought I was doing good. Last week, I decided to start jogging for 20 min after my workout and it has been hard. My RHR has been increasing since I started jogging, and it went from 51 to 60 in 4 days. Could someone be so kind so as to tell me why this would happen?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your Fitbit profile was created in late May, i.e. only 1.5 months ago. Is it when you got your first Fitbit and started your fitness journey? If so, you’ve been tracking your HR for a rather short period of time so far. RHR is just one of the metrics tracked by Fitbit. How about your cardio fitness score? How has it evolved over the same period?

Based on my own observations, RHR tend to increase when I’m stressed or when I overtrain. Maybe you’ve overreached when adding both kickboxing and jogging to your workout routines, if you were previously mostly sedentary. Make sure you’re getting enough rest so as to fully recover from your workouts.

It’s not unusual for RHR to fluctuate up and down anyway. Once you’ve accumulated enough data, you will have a better idea of what your normal fluctuation range is.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Your Fitbit profile was created in late May, i.e. only 1.5 months ago. Is it when you got your first Fitbit and started your fitness journey? If so, you’ve been tracking your HR for a rather short period of time so far. RHR is just one of the metrics tracked by Fitbit. How about your cardio fitness score? How has it evolved over the same period?

Based on my own observations, RHR tend to increase when I’m stressed or when I overtrain. Maybe you’ve overreached when adding both kickboxing and jogging to your workout routines, if you were previously mostly sedentary. Make sure you’re getting enough rest so as to fully recover from your workouts.

It’s not unusual for RHR to fluctuate up and down anyway. Once you’ve accumulated enough data, you will have a better idea of what your normal fluctuation range is.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happens to me too. Last Sunday it was 63 by today went up to 67

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Trying2getfittt wrote:

Happens to me too. Last Sunday it was 63 by today went up to 67

This is well within the normal fluctuation range:

hr 30 days.png

Sometimes it is 10-12 bmp (over 30 days).

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer
0 Votes

Heart rate can be all over the place.   All sort of things effect your HR ie eating, drinking, movement, sleep and emotions.  

AND you have to keep in mind our FitBit monitors are at best advanced toys.  Even at its best the Fitbit is an 'advice' device.  For real HR monitoring you'll need more advanced tools.  

Best Answer
0 Votes