Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ran my first 5K...

Ran my first 5K at the tender age of 59 on Sept 27 in the morning at Ocean City NJ 5K event.  Along the oceanside boardwalk.  I did training for it and my target speed was 4-4.5 mph.  I completed the run and wasn't dead last but wasn't first, either.  Average was 4.5 mph.  Since that time, I'm running almost all the time although I still very much enjoy walking with my wife, Beth. 

I want to get back to the high 20-30K+ step counts I had back in 2014 so will rededicate myself to doing that.

Still haven't figured out how to show the steps taken with the Garmin.  I don't have the foot sensors, but find it hard to believe the watch doesn't have that capability to show steps taken.

Lew Wagner
Author of Losing It - My Weight Loss Odyssey
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Congrats on your first 5K. Sounds like you did awesome!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LewWagner wrote:

Ran my first 5K at the tender age of 59 on Sept 27 in the morning at Ocean City NJ 5K event.  Along the oceanside boardwalk.  I did training for it and my target speed was 4-4.5 mph.  I completed the run and wasn't dead last but wasn't first, either.

That's great!

My first was a couple of months ago, and my goal was not to be last.

At one point, a 4-year-old was running faster than me, which is highly motivating!

FitBit One
"You should really wear a helmet."
5K 9/2015 - 36:59.57
Best Answer
0 Votes

CONGRATULATIONS!!

That's a great achievement, you should be very proud!

"Act like a lady...Lift like a BOSS"
Best Answer
0 Votes