Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really, a freakin’ cowboy boot? WTAF?!

Finally earned my badge for 50,000 steps, and it was hard! This is my fourth time training for a marathon, and never have I gotten past 46,000 steps. Yesterday, I walked my dog 3 miles, ran 23 miles, then participated in a protest march (and made some extra miles walking to food and grocery shopping) to get close, and I still had to put 15 minutes on the treadmill, all to get what? A freaking cowboy boot?

Maybe it’s a play on the expression “Cowboy up,” but it’s not one I ascribe to. I grew up in Montana, I live in Missouri. I know cowboys. I’m not one, and I never wanted to be one. Cowboys don’t walk, by definition: they ride horses. That’s what the boot is designed for.  In fact, they boots are **ahem** painful to walk in - I wore them as a child. So why TF is there a major achievement badge devoted to this stupid piece of footwear?

Now I’ve gotta see that **ahem** badge on my page until I can muster the energy to walk 55,000. Maybe that’s the real motivator... we’ll see if I can’t muster it when I’m in Boston, and then I get [Googles it] Platform shoes?!? WTAF Fitbit?  I lived through the 70’s. Once was enough! And again, not designed for actual perambulation. F it, I’m signing up for an Ultra and just burying these clowns.

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @SunsetRunner,

Sorry to hear that. To be fair, I don't think Fitbit was aware of your aversion to cowboy boots and some other footwear. Best of luck on hitting your next goal.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Must be a slow and/or boring day.  Does it really matter in the scheme of life and walking/running whether the goal badge is a goat, a boat, or a boot......I’m sure there are services available that will help guide  someone through their aversions to certain forms of foot wear.

Best Answer

this reminds me of yahoo news, no content but can't wait to get to the comments ... had to open the thread 😂

on the serious side ... has anyone considered that wearing a fitbit causes small changes in synaptic firing in the brain resulting in an aversion to cowboy boots ?   

Best Answer

@russssswrote:

this reminds me of yahoo news, no content but can't wait to get to the comments ... had to open the thread 😂

on the serious side ... has anyone considered that wearing a fitbit causes small changes in synaptic firing in the brain resulting in an aversion to cowboy boots ?   

I’m guessing there just might be a support group whether on line or in real time for those suffering from aversions to__________(fill in the blank).   🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry but I think you may need to live life deeper and look past the specific icon, instead taking pride in what that benchmark represents. I am impressed with your achievements - Kudos for the very active day and lifestyle in general! You have a lot to be proud of! But let's give FitBit a break on footwear styles chosen for award levels... life's WAY too short to sweat those little things! Best wishes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry but I think you may need to live life deeper and look past the specific icon, instead taking pride in what that benchmark represents. I am impressed with your achievements - Kudos for the very active day and lifestyle in general! You have a lot to be proud of! But let's give Fitbit a break on footwear styles chosen for award levels... life's WAY too short to sweat those little things! Best wishes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner congrats on your huge achievement. I think all the activities you listed are great for getting steps. I think your post was made in gest... Good luck to you in Boston!

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Hi Emily !   OK another very nice post with a positive ending but this time all is not as perfect as it might seem .  Now consider that my intentions are not mean spirited in any way but to say the post was meant in "gest" ... surely you gest !   (sorry, had to do this,well not really sorry 😂)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@russsss ha ha- I do what I can.. and its Elena not Emily.. unless you were asking for my daughter??

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was a great rant 9/10. Too bad the OP only posts about once a year. We could always use more humor methinks.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could be worse, they could have used a pair of Flip Flops (jandals we call em) or even a set of ballet slippers, they clock up the steps 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I grew up and am still a cowboy. I know if I got bucked off a colt it was a long way back to the ranch, where the colt would head to, so walking in cowboy boots was part of the losing your horse game.  Maybe its just to show a connection to hard work .

Best Answer
0 Votes

This whole thread has me laughing! Thanks all! Smiley Very HappySmiley LOL

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes