Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resting heart rate rapid increase...

Hello! Got my Fitbit about two weeks ago and loving it. I set a goal to jog / walk 13k steps for the first month. 

At at first I saw my rhr decrease significantly (59 bpm to 53 bpm) but in the last ten days it has been steadily rising and today is at 61bpm. Before I got my Fitbit, I wasn't doing that much exercise - just walking my dog regularly and walking to my yoga studio on occasion... 

Does this mean I'm going too hard? I feel like I'm just warming up and there are some days where I only just walk. 

Diet is is very healthy - completely whole foods, plant based. I don't drink alcohol, wine or beer. I don't smoke. I'm getting approx 7.25 hrs of sleep per night. I don't feel any kind of sickness coming on... I'm really kind of shocked. Any thoughts? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Since the Charge 2 looks at several factor in its calculation of RHR, it is common to fluctuate quite a bit when starting wearing it. But I would expect it to leveling out by now. As long as you are feeling well, I would not be overly concerned yet but just keep an eye on its trend going forward.

It might be worth trying easing up on your workouts for a day or two to give your body more ret and see how that affects it.  13K steps a day seems a bit high starting out if you weren't getting much before.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, my heart resting rate fluctuate in month cycle, tends to have two peaks usually 🙂 I watch it due to another reasons but mostly it has bigger and lower peak once a month.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A lot can influence your resting heart rate. You already mentioned quite a few options, but did you know that temperature also influences your heart rate for example? Also stress, anxiety, hormonal cycle etc. etc. There are a lot of things that have an impact on our system. As long as it is not rising too high (61 is still very ok) and you feel ok, I would not worry too much. I had to get used to it fluctuating like that as well. If you don't feel ok or are very concerned, you should talk to a doctor.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

My heart rate fluctuates through out the month through hormones. Climbing higher as my period draws closer. Then drops again.

Also if I’ve had a few alcoholic drinks it will definitely be higher the next day.

Best Answer
0 Votes