Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resting heart rate too high?

I'm new to fitbit and had gotten mine on 1/15/17. I will say I am overweight but I feel like my resting BPM is EXTREMELY High. It started at 77 and now it progessivly getting higher. It says my resting heart rate is now 81. Ever since i woke up this morning 1/18/17; everytime I look at my BPM I am in the Fat burning zone in a range of 99-110. I feel like this is very inacurate. Although last night I had gone to the gym for an hour and that did increase my heart rate. Ever since me just sitting down or driving my heart rate is between 99-110. Is this something I should be talking to my doctor about or do you think it's just being inaccurate? I tried finding the solution to this problem on these fourms but every one I see is between 50-60. Although the chart only has the resting heart rate and not what it is now. Is there a way to reset this? I'm attaching yesterdays and todays. unnamed (1).jpgunnamed.jpg

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

@Dominique no worries - I took care of it. And yes, I realize you can't be fact checkers, but you shouldn't need to "check" a "fact" like that...Fitbit staff should know this already without having to check. 

Best Answer

@AD1971 : just in case: I’m not a moderator. I’m a member of the Community Council (CC). Moderators are Fitbit employees and identified as such. CC members are users, not Fitbit employees, and they don’t moderate posts.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the clarification on your previous post's wording. My original reply was indeed for Fitbit moderators.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ahappylittlebir , I just read your post I've been concerned about my resting heart rate the last week or so. Mine has been normally a resting heart rate of 55 to 67 at night and now it's between 73 and 90 at night and the last week it keeps going up every day and now my resting heart rate is at 74 for the whole day where my average RHR was no higher than 61 to 68 for a day. 

I don't understand because it just changed over night. Im female 52 years old and im going through the menopausal transition. I went into the doctor on Wednesday and she said everything looked fine besides a sinus infection which im being treated for. 

I've had just about every test known to man about everything that has to do with all parts of my body and overall im pretty healthy no issues besides I've always had anxiety, I am going in to get a stress test just to make sure everything is okay and also give me piece of mind. I was wondering if you could tell me what it is that you found out about yourself and if you think I have anything to worry about. I hope your feeling better and thank you in advance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would make an appointment with your doctor if your worried about your resting heart rate. Wearing my Fitbit has helped me see that my reating heart is above the normal range. Most of the time my heart rate is 100 beats per minute more than 50% of the day. Sometimes even when Im watching TV its 100 -110bpm. My doctor has diagnosed me with Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia.  So if your heart beat is higher than 100 bpm more than 50% of the day and you know you haven't exercised then I would talk to your doctor.  That is just my opinion. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem is that it is wrong not higher. As I type this, my heart rate is 66, but my Sense shows my RHR as 76... Which it has been for days and my RHR changes every day. Something is wrong with the RHR operation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jandeanne, I've been seeing folks say there is something wrong with the RHR calculation for a number of years now, and yet, I have never seen any evidence of that.  Said another way, I started wearing a Fitbit with HR monitoring in April of 2016, nearly five years and five trackers ago, and yet never once has my RHR been unusually above my "sitting at my desk typing" heart rate.  I finished a 7-mile trail run about an hour and a half ago (meaning my HR is still coming down), and as I type this, my current HR is 61 and today's RHR reading is 44.  Sounds pretty accurate to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, as I sit here, my heart rate is reading 66. Yet my RHR is stuck at 76 for days now. My RHR is definately not 76. And when I take it manually, it is somewhere in the low to mid 60s. Glad you have never had a problem. Maybe of so many people are, there should be some attention on it.
In addition, up until several days ago, my RHR changed daily. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

When you say your RHR is stuck on 76 for days, where are you getting that reading; from your tracker, your phone, app, or the Fitbit.com dashboard?

I ask the above because it seems like your tracker hasn't fully synced for a few days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

All of the above. I'm an IT professional so I've rebooted, resynced, reviewed the calc. Based on some of the documentation, I'm guessing that it is taking the data from my sleep HR and active HR and applying a formula to get my RHR. But yet, it should still change. Anyway, there is an obvious issue.  And BTW, for months it changed daily and then one day it jumped to 76 and has stayed there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do the RHR views on your phone app agree with the Dashboard on the Fitbit.com web site (and by "agree", I mean within a single beat as there appears to be some roundoff error between the two displays)?

Can you provide a few screen shots?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think this is not bad. A heart rate that goes from 77-120  just by standing in less then ten mins. That’s pots. You also feel very bad like lightheaded and have headaches. Stomach issues. Fainting issues. Sound out of it. In general, from a sitting to standing point you’re heart rate shouldn’t go above 30bmp. My heart rate goes 84 to 130 just getting up. Now that’s pots.I can walk heart rate get 154 by walking very slow around a room. If you’re moving a lot normal for heart rate to rise

Best Answer
0 Votes