Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi. I just started two weeks ago. I’m delighted and frustrated at the slow pace but I’m still plugging along. Anyone else just start? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @shartlin 

😃I’m happy to hear your plugging along. All the information the Fitbit tracks and information it provides you, can seem a bit overwhelming at first. Especially when your new to using a fitness tracking device. I personally really dived into Fitbit challenges when I first joined. It’s an awesome way to meet people and make friends. It’s also great for setting personal goals for yourself. Join some of the different groups that are on the Fitbit App as we.. get involved with the conversation. I think you’ll see that doing so will grow your friends list here and make the process that much more fun. Be proud of yourself, be kind to your body….and going beast mode every once in awhile is fun too. There’s are multiple threads in the main body of the community forums. One is called Health & Wellness. You should check it out….especially if you want tips on healthy eating, ideas to get moving and even weight loss tips. Look here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Community/ct-p/EN

😃I wish you luck on your journey and as always Happy Stepping!

Best Answer

Newbie, newb, noob, noobie, n00b or nub is a slang term for a novice or newcomer, or somebody inexperienced in a profession or activity. Contemporary use can particularly refer to a beginner or new user of computers, often concerning Internet activity, such as online gaming or Linux use.

HCA Rewards Login

Best Answer
0 Votes

We can only start from where we are at, and it's all about progress. Not perfection.

Consistency is the most important thing, IMO. 

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer

hey there @shartlin welcome to the community and welcome to a new you. Don't be frustrated. things may not be happening quickly, but they are happening. you are doing more than you did before and that is already a way better place for your body. I remember when I started, it was overwhelming and I just went one day at a time until it all became routine and I didn't even notice I was doing it. That was 8 years ago and am still "plugging" away. A little slower for sure, but steady. Good luck to you in your journey!

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Thank you @emili   I get a little more patient every day. Cheers! 

Best Answer

Hi @shartlin 

Just keep going, you've got this! 🙂

Best Answer

Most days, I’m doing 9,000-10,000 steps. I’m trying to lose weight but we socialize so much, it’s hard to stay with fit nutrition. If I up my exercise, it doesn’t equate with weight loss. It’s been about a month and the scale is about the same. But I keep moving! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hang in there. Change can take a while, especially as we get started, and our bodies adjust to a new normal. Do the exercise because it's good for you and because (hopefully) you enjoy it. Keeping it social can help. Just figure out how to be social AND keep it moving.

Don't try too hard to do a whole calories in, calories out, as fitbit is only estimating. What you can do, if your weight is maintaining, is to use fitbit to tell you if your caloric burn has increased by some amount. And remember, so source of the calories is as important, if not more, than the actual calories.

Also, the scale isn't the only judge. How you feel, and body measurements are all part of it. I have maintained weight for a while, but I see small changes where I have a little less fat.

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer
0 Votes