Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Riding Lawn Mower

ANSWERED

I have a Charge 2.  I would like to somehow pause the step counting when I mow my lawn.  I have a riding lawn mower that counts my yard as about 9k steps.  

I read online articles about selecting Outdoor Bike but that doesn't seem to work.  

Any thoughts besides removing the watch?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Look for an activity called driving (don't create it yourself) and start that before you mow the lawn. You can also log it afterwards when you forgot to do this and it will remove the steps from that day. The steps will still count towards your milestones. For them not to count towards your milestones you should start the activity before you start to mow the lawn.

Karolien | The Netherlands

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Try putting it in your pocket.

Best Answer

I agree with @GershonSurge that your Charge 2 would likely pick up far less vibration if it were in your pocket (compared to being on your wrist). Plus, it would have no HR to detect, so whatever steps/activity it would still detect, this would be attenuated by the lack of HR data. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Look for an activity called driving (don't create it yourself) and start that before you mow the lawn. You can also log it afterwards when you forgot to do this and it will remove the steps from that day. The steps will still count towards your milestones. For them not to count towards your milestones you should start the activity before you start to mow the lawn.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer