Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route maps disappearing?

Has anyone else noticed that their route maps are not being recorded anymore when they go for a run? I was planning on using this as proof of 5k completion to submit to a virtual race.  Fitbit seems to not record this anymore.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi, @Ecooke! Which device are you using? I'm not having any trouble with my Sense.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Charge3. If it automatically picks up a walk/ run GPS does not kick in. It should kick in if you program it, start the exercise option in the menu. It always has in the past.. just not this week.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

recheck your settings for the activity to make sure it is enabled. you can also start the activity to ensure it is working as expected before you start your run

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

@Ecooke I'd also recommend deleting the Fitbit app on your phone and reinstalling it.  This sometimes clears out those errors.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

I have the same problem but resetting my device and uninstalling and reinstalling the app did not fix it. Also checked to make sure GPS on device and location services on phone is on and both are set correctly.  Not sure why Fitbit is not recording maps or giving me my split times. The only tabs in the app I have now are Heart Rate, Energy, and Impact.  Much like my Pixel 2XL magically starting to act up as soon as Android 11 came out and Pixel 5 was announced, I feel like this is planned to force people to update to the next generation devices.

Best Answer

Call me cynical but I feel the same way. My screen has now stopped working completely. My previous versa3 did this during the warranty so I got it replaced. Not in the warranty time now. Wondering if its worth getting the charge 4 or looking elsewhere.

Best Answer
0 Votes