Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roller ski exercise

ANSWERED

Hallo

My name is John and I live in Norway.

I am doing regularly classical Roller ski exercise (you go to YouTube and search for Roller ski skate or classic and you will find many videos there)

I have just changed to a charge 3 clock instead of a charge 2

This Roller ski type of exercise does not exist on these 2 watches, So when i do a 21 km ( Approx. 13,5 miles) training , the watches only recognise 3,3 miles!!!, ( I know I can use the GPS on my IPhone in combination With the Charge 3). But if the clock could have registered when I am using my poles and not only my legs, we would have been closer to a goal.

I do this exercise 2-3 times a week and so far this year I am close to 900 km (558 miles), but have only got registered 140 miles!!!

So my main question is if FITBIT can have a look at this topic and see if there is a chance to register the poles when you are using them on the roller skies. Nothing is registered when you are standing still on the skies and you are pulling the poles with only your arms (See the videos)   

The problem is the same doing winter skiing.

In the wintertime I had another problem. When temperature were below - 6-7 Celsius the clock went into black (charge 2) and did not register any distance,

I have written to FITBIT about this problem, but I am not sure if they can manage such a low temperature

Best reg

John

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the forums!

The problem is these really are not walking exercises. Also when holding on to things like the poles it will not register correctly either.

They have set up Workout mode for when things are not listed. Then you can set up a custom exercises and when it syncs you can rename it on your dashboard

Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the forums!

The problem is these really are not walking exercises. Also when holding on to things like the poles it will not register correctly either.

They have set up Workout mode for when things are not listed. Then you can set up a custom exercises and when it syncs you can rename it on your dashboard

Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hallo Wendy

Thanks for answer.

What I am convinced of is, that the Roller ski use, will increase in the future, at least here in Europe.

First of all as an exercise training, but also used in Roller ski competitions around.

As you possibly know, the Scandinavians are very fond of cross country skiing. The Norwegians are so fond that our best skiers are paid by our National ski organisation to do this sport. This is one of the Norwegians most popular sports.

The best are all heroes here in Norway. But in Sweden, Finland and Russia and even USA and Canada have very good performers. USA`s Jessica Diggins are extremely popular here in Norway (and for Your women a role model. I'm sure you can find articles about here in USA) 

Then we are coming to some of my most important "Pitch Points" 

Pitch Point 1

With the climate change around the world, there is less snow, especially in mid and South Europe.

This has already opened for more roller ski competition during winter month around in Europe.

We have a lot of Roller ski races during the summer month here and experts say this will continue into the winter month if the snow disappears.

Pitch Point 2

Since both cross country skiing and Roller skate skiing are using poles, Fit Bits target must be how they can register the arms movements with the poles.

I hope these info and questions can be start for a new challenge

Best regard

John

Best Answer

I guess I do not understand. Is swimming not  detected by arm movement. If so then why can the Fitbit not detect poling on roller skis or Nordic skiing?

if not, how is swimming detected? GPS only? 

Best Answer