Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Shoes

Looking for any strong opinions on running shoes - not trying to break the bank but would like to get a nice pair... Let me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

I would go to a good running shoe store and get fitted. What I wear might not work for you.

But my brand is Asics

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

The brand doesn't really matter; the fit is most important.

Most people buy shoes that are too narrow in the toe box or too short. Nike has a model, or at least used to, that comes in extra wide sizes.

If you find a pair you really like, buy another  pair as soon as you can before the model changes.

By the way, most people who sell shoes don't have much experience running.

Best Answer

I bought New Balance 1080 a couple months ago and really like them.  The tongues are sewn to the sides of the shoe and they have stretchy laces so they don't slip on your heal.  They are very comfortable and have an extra soft sole for running on pavement.  You can shop around and still get last year's model for about $85.00.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My feet hate New Balance.

That's why people need to get fitted

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep- go get fitted and keep trying until you find the best one. I am on my third try as we speak. I have tried asics, brooks and a version of Nike.. none of them work for running for me. They are too heavy or too low. the ones I have always worn are discontinued and  my current ones are on life support. I am so sad...but I need to figure this out and soon. Good luck in your search...

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

it totally depends on your foot and its shape... some have narrow feet, others wide, some are narrow at the back of the foot but have a wide toe box area, some have a high arch and others dont, also do you pronate or not... you need to shop around somewhere that specializes in shoes if you have a Big 5 sporting goods near you go there and ask to talk to a manager (the sales guy on the floor knows basic stuff but the managers are specially trained in footwear) (trust me I know used to be a manager for them) let the manager look at your current shoe they can tell alot from the wear pattern on your shoe as to if you pronate or not

tell them you want a running shoe but not sure whats going to be best for your foot. if you are browsing be sure you DONT grab a cross trainer they have more leather on them whereas runners are more mesh to let your foot breathe.

stay away from nike they really dont have enough support and tend to run small and narrow
best brands for running Asics, Saucony, and New Balance
if you pronate be sure your new shoes has the correct support built into the heel or it will mess your stride up and eventually lead to injury

hope this helps

Using a Charge 2
Always be yourself, Unless you can be WONDER WOMAN, then always be WONDER WOMAN
Best Answer
0 Votes

Go and get fitted. Figure out a few that you like. Go home and research those few. Are there complaints of bad customer service, wearing thin too quickly, etc? Can you find a better price online or figure out when there might be a sale? Take time to think about it.

I have a wide foot. I've been wearing Skechers for years. My last pair got absolutely smashed after a lot of gym work and walking to and from work daily and being worn at work, but still lasted about 3/4 years. Lots of fun colours which is a plus for me too~

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a pair of Sauconys that I love.  Very comfortable, lightweight and cool on my feet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Find a running store - they can analyze your current shoes and for us they have us use a treadmill and camera to see pronation and gait.  They did this for my daughter - it helped with shin splints and now the wear on her shoes is right down the center.  She wears Asics.  She liked Saucony but they wear out way too fast for her (every 3 months she would get a hole or the front rubber would come off).  She goes about 5-6 months between running shoes. Anyway, when she needs new ones, they check her old ones and then ask her which color for the new ones.  When you find what works, you don't just try different brands/models. 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes