Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STANDby July Step Challenge and Photo Scavenger Hunt

STANDby July?  Well, yeah, it is pretty dang hot so we might have to practice standing in the shade or inside for most of the day just to survive …. Nah, just kidding.  Get outside and move about. But pay attention to the heat and try get those workouts in early in the day (or inside with AC) and stay hydrated!! (and if you live in the southern hemisphere layer up when you go out)  🙂

How It Works:

The primary purpose of these monthly challenges is to keep track of your daily step goals for the month; though many of us track other things as well, like body weight exercises, sleep, trips to the gym, logging food, etc. There are a lot of regulars here, but we welcome NEWBEs, and it is fine to start in the middle of the month if that's when you first see this thread. This is not a competition to see who can do the most of whatever, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency. So whether you do 1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of the monthly total you can hit your goal.

Some might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and others might have a variable goal throughout the week, (and some might even plan days off!) for example.
Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day
Sat & Sun = “6k steps a day,” or “not tracking”

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for the monthly challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format
1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.
2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved out of the monthly minimum and or monthly total

Although you certainly don’t have to post daily, you’ll likely stay closer to what you set out to do by updating the thread several times/week

Picture Scavenger Hunt — 3 pictures

The theme this month is one we’ve done before — street art.  Pretty much anything outside. Murals, sculptures, graffiti, even … sewer covers.

IMG_7741.jpeg

Injury Notice
If you injure yourself during the month and need to scale back due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

STANDby July 31

9k steps per day 12 20
Activities 9 10
Photo Scavenger Hunt 10 15
Full 'Reminders to Move' Days 15 20
Update post 20 31
Squats 30/day 13 20
Pregnancy stretches 25 31
Mindfulness Sessions 25 15
Fruit Challenge 27 31

@Jotex I'm very proud of you! 🏆

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

STANDby July Day 31

17K steps/day 26/28

1 pushup + shoulder extension /day

31/31

15 weight-lifting days

17/15

post 3 scavenger pics

3/3

Sleep 6:15 hours + 20 days or more during the month

21/20

1 pull-up

31/31

Unicycle: 15 mins/day for 25 days 

30/25

Lose 2 lbs. Start 170 lbs (July 1)7/30165.1
Use Cutback Coach for the month 31/31

Stumbled  a bit on the step goal, buy great on everything else, including weight loss for once. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
July 31
8,000+ steps :    1 / 5 days
11,000+ steps :   3 / 10 days
13,000+ steps :  11 / 15 days
17,000+ steps :  12 /  5 days
Cardio Workouts 2 / 12
Lose 8 pounds  6 / 8
Sleep 8hrs :  4 / 8 days
Scavenger photos : 2 / 3+

<8k :  4  (new addition)

Feel I gave myself more work tallying my score at the end of the month than doing it regularly in the month. 😆
It is somewhat eye opening when you see it summarised. Interesting I was 8k or lower for five days. Yet I did more miles than any other month. 
Also realised I gave myself more day goals than there are days in July. Haha 😝 least now I know how to do it! 
My last reflection of the month...I'd not really realised that I don't really "see" anything when I walk. Looking for scavenger photos taught me I 'walk with my eyes closed'. 
Screenshot_20210801-142946_Gallery.jpg

Roll on Aug. 👍🏻
Best Answer

STANDby July (2021) goals: DAY 31
10,500 steps: 28/31
6 hours sleep: 20/31
Scavenger Hunt Pics: 1/3

Well, I'm finally through it!  I really did make an effort to get outside for walks almost every day, so I'm happy with my steps. Sleep has improved a bit as the month progressed, I averaged 6 hours during the final week.  I'm glad I tracked that sleep goal, as it was an eye opener (sorry!) to see how seldom I get enough sleep. I will continue to work on it. I'm still having trouble posting my photos, will continue to experiment to see if I can get it to work. Oh well. Anyway, thanks for this challenge!  

Best Answer

STANDby July (2021) finish:

10k steps per day31/31
13,699 steps per day22/19
17k steps per day12/11
Activities26/7
Photo Scavenger Hunt3/3
Full 'Reminders to Move' Days15/11
Finish challenges10/9
Update post8/7

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks @YojanaFitbi. I wish you a good month (August).

Best Answer

STANDby July 30-31

13K Steps/Day: 25/31

750+ Calorie Deficient/Day: 31/31

IF Daily (12 hr weekday/16:8 weekend): 31/31

Weights 2x/week: 02/8

Stretch 4x/week: 09/16

Squats 30/day: 10/16

Photo Scavenger Hunt: -/3

*Total Steps: 458,302/403,000*

Phew!  Hit a few goals at least.

Best Answer

Great job everybody! Sooo proud to be in this challenge!!!

@Shirlzz I think that you wanted to keep achieving more goals on July, that's why in your mind you thought there will be more days. 😁

Good thing is that you have all August do it better and happier. I like you have a reflection for this month. 

@Starchild68 I'm so proud of you, if you walk a little bit more it means that the challenge worked for you!  And you're totally right about sleep time, so many things can improve in your life if you improve you sleep quality and time. I hope you can upload your pics. Are you trying to do so from your phone or pc?

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes