Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walking around IN the house?

I’m new here. Husband and I just got out FItbits Friday. Yay!

I was curious how many of y’all walk around INSIDE your home to get more steps?  Or does everyone get outside or on a treadmill or something?

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Welcome to the FitBit community @MrsU. I am guilty of doing this. You are not alone!

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer
0 Votes

My from the time we turn on the tv at night, usually around 7:00pm or so, until we turn it off around 11:00pm, my wife will get up and walk around just during the commercials.  She can easily get 1200 extra steps a night doing this.

Best Answer

In winter when the weather is really awful there are days when I do my full daily step quota (22K) striding in circles around the kitchen (we've got one of those island things), listening to the radio or my own music. 

Last week I developed a bad blister on my heel and couldn't wear my boots. For 4 days I did all my steps in the garden barefooted. Now I've got a big crop circle on the perimeter of my back lawn...

Best Answer

I try to do most of my steps on a treadmill and out side. I have been known to get a few more steps in

during the evening in the house. Have had some set backs due to illness or surgery. It is then that I get

my steps in by walking in the house.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Walking is walking, no matter where you do it.

Allie
Best Answer

I live in Florida and it's too hot in the summer to walk much outside except in the early mornings.  I like to grab my Kindle and read a book while I walk around the house.  Makes the time go by so fast and before I know it, I've added 2,000-3,000 steps to my night.  It really adds up!

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

I try to go to the gym and use the eliptical, or walk outside to get lots of steps, but at the end of the day if I am under my step goal I will do laps around my kitchen island or run up and down the stairs a few times. My husband and kids think its hilarious but I am determined to reach (or exceed) my goal each day!

Best Answer

I get up at work and walk around so as to achieve the 250 steps per hour.  Every little helps, i hope.

Probably better than staying sat at my desk for 8 hrs a day.  I have just been reminded that i need another 56 steps for this hour, so off i go.  

Best Answer

I have a 33 step loop around through the living room, dining room, family room, and kitchen.  When my fitbit bites me and tells me I have been working on the computer too long and haven't got my 250 steps per hour in, I get up and walk laps around the house until I get my 250.  I'm a computer consultant, and sometimes I lose track of time when I'm working on the computer.

Best Answer

I'm on a treadmill at home for an almost daily all year round run whether it's cool or warm outside.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have a treadmill and use it when it is too hot to walk outside.  Right now it is still cool enough about 5am to walk outside here in Phoenix, but not for long.  Then I take to the treadmill.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I live a mile from a Sam's club.  When it gets too hot, I grab a cart and walk up and down the aisles.  Sometimes I even buy something LOL.  It's cool, and pushing the cart burns extra calories.  Our local malls open early for mall walkers, too.  There are about a hundred people at our local mall every morning.  With the summer temps in Phoenix going above 110 degrees, and the LOWS in the high 80s, any place air conditions is attractive.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

A complete house project allows you to clearly understand the whole picture of construction, wisely allocate funds, and assess the nuances to save money. At the same time, quality materials and construction work cannot cost cheaply. If you choose more democratic building materials to save money, you need to understand what possible problems you may encounter in the future. In general, you can buy a house for sale Philippines and not worry about the construction. And to perform construction work to reduce the cost of building a home, you can bring in individual artisans, for example, monoliths, carpenters, roofers, or plumbers, and each of them must be qualified in his field.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WhitJuly wrote:

A complete house project allows you to clearly understand the whole picture of construction, wisely allocate funds, and assess the nuances to save money. At the same time, quality materials and construction work cannot cost cheaply. If you choose more democratic building materials to save money, you need to understand what possible problems you may encounter in the future. In general, you can buy a house for sale Philippines and not worry about the construction. And to perform construction work to reduce the cost of building a home, you can bring in individual artisans, for example, monoliths, carpenters, roofers, or plumbers, and each of them must be qualified in his field.

I completely agree with you, thank you for your message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do the same. It all counts.😎

Best Answer
0 Votes