Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Fitbit friends!

I'm the office sedentary job, trying to walk more to the printer, kind of person. 

Looking to get challenged, get my steps up, and get fit! I just got my Fitbit yesterday and I'm loving it. 

I dont even know how to add people but drop whatever relevant information is important and I'll figure it out!

🧡

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

I could also use for Fitbit friends who have a similar working environment. That seems much more fun and challenging than trying to compete with people who average 2-3x the amount of steps I do, haha!

Best Answer

Hi Tatey, I'm new here and looking to tap into some community support.  I am working hard to get to my ideal weight and stay active.  The exercise has been easy but I love to eat carbs!  What are your fitness goals and how are you doing?

Best Answer

Seeking Fibit friends

Best Answer

Seeking fitbit friends.

Like you I work have sedentary office job. I need challenges to keep active... I truely miss the daily challenges and work week hustle  and etc that the old fitbit program had. Miss my old friends & their motivation...  they have yet to transfer with google fitbit... I myself thought I could go back to regular fitbit if Iiked..so not true!

Any way,  I currently try to move my body 2 to 3x a week. 2 days in beginners zumba fitness class. 

Seeking fitbit friends 💪 

.  Looking 

Best Answer

Similar situation here, but I work remotely. Not a lot of call for steps these days. I try to work them in where I can. I set small goals for myself and celebrate those achievements. I snagged some small free weights, I’m using the interactive videos on fitbit, and trying to work out a couple times a week. Definitely need the community to help keep me motivated! I just recently started back with Fitbit after a years’ hiatus and was a bit shocked at its absence! 

Best Answer

Hi Tatey,

I also work an office job and have similar challenges.   I'd like to be your friend!

Not sure what the next step is, I haven't used the social feature of Fitbit

Hope to hear back!

Donna

Best Answer

I can relate to that.   I'm also more interested to learn and compare with others that are in similar situations instead of comparing myself to the professional athletes or fitness professionals..   I sit all day for work, sit for commute, home & family necessary tasks aren't overly strenuous, combine that with aging and the desire for a healthy life balance.   I'd like to be able to work in small changes in my daily routine, ie after work make it a habit to walk around the pond before going home.    🙂

Best Answer

I am looking to add friends for challenges & competition for steps etc. 

Best Answer

@tatey15 Your right. It's difficult to seek friends you don't know by e-mail or username.  And there's no solution to be found, unless....

If you check the account-name, you can send an e-mail. Never done that, but I will try it with you and with Donna, ( @SunsetRunner   )  .

You don't need to respond. Never done it so I don't know what will happen. I think you can check me out. I'm easy to find, I think.

Community Council MemberMario Dings | Rotterdam NL
Fitbit: Versa, Versa2, Sense. (Versa light) - Phone: Android. - Developer clockfaces.(Nederlands)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KaC2005 Hello Kate! You've succeeded.Tell us how you did it.

Fitbit: Versa, Versa2, Sense. (Versa light) - Phone: Android. - Developer clockfaces.(Nederlands)
Best Answer

Hi Mario,

i clicked on add a friend in my app & typed in your name. 

so if we share our app user name then it should work. 😊 

Best Answer

Yes, my name is easy, because I use my full name (without a space inbetween) everywhere. Send me a PM with your app user name.

Best Answer

It’s no fun if you can’t add new friends ! I’m new and there’s no way I can add friends or follow/join a group from the app ☹️

Best Answer

@MarshaMtZ We are just finding out how to make friends that are not on your private friends-list.

@tatey15 Thank you for asking me to be friends. I accepted, BUT the app tells me that you do not log in with a Google account. 

Because Google/Fitbit wants everyone to log in with a Google account, Fitbit makes a difference. I can't see my friends who did not cross over and they can't see me anymore. That makes me very sad. I can't see my wife, my daughter, my grandson.  

So Taylor, you are my friend. You can see me in your friends list.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for starting this thread! I'm in a similar situation, too. I started a Fitbit group (although I'm not really sure exactly how they work) that anyone is welcome to join. Mario and Chellybandzz have already accepted my friend requests, and Mario has accepted my invitation to join the group, which I called Office Workers of Fitbit. Once you are a member, you should be able to invite others as well. I'm not sure what my username is on the Fitbit app yet, but I think it might be ElizabethH5

Best Answer

In the Fitbit app, click the tab at the bottom of the page that says "Community".

Now click the tab at the top of the page that says "Friends".

Now click the blue-green button with an image of a person and a +

Now click the tab at the top that says "Username".

You'll see an icon of a person's head, with a line next to it. Click on the line so that you see a cursor blinking on the line.

Type the username of the person you want to add as a friend. Be sure you have typed it correctly.

Now you'll see the name you typed in duplicate on another line, with a button to the right with an image of a person and a +

Click that button.

Now you'll see a pop-up that explains what will happen when you add someone as a friend on Fitbit. If you decide to continue after reading that information, then click "ok".

Now you'll see another pop-up that confirms that your request has been sent. You'll receive a notification in your Fitbit app inbox (the icon that looks approximately like this: :inbox_tray: )

If you get a pop-up that says your request has failed, it's probably because you typed the username incorrectly. Try again and double -check your spelling. Note: a user's username in the app is not necessarily the same as their username on this website. Mine is: e a h a l l (just link the letters together in one word)

Best Answer

The instructions above are based on my Samsung Galaxy running the latest Android OS (July 2023)

Best Answer
0 Votes