Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Recommendations for a new Fit Bit

Hi FitBit friends, I need to get moving again and I'd like to get a new FitBit. I've had a Charge and also an Alta HR's. I liked them, but they lasted around a year each, I really like the app interface, and but would really like to get more than a year out of these (maybe it's me?). I am a regular, daily walker, not a runner or extreme sporty person.  I was thinking of the Versa or maybe the new Charge, would love to hear from others. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Diane175  take the quiz? https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/products/find-your-fit 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the Luxe after having the Alta HR. It's got a bigger and brighter screen, with a buttery soft band. It does all I need and then some.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Diane175 That is always such a hard question! As @Odyssey13 says, try the quiz. 

Some pointers (from my experience). You you have difficulty reading the screens of the trackers you have had (either font size or screen in bright light) then go for the Versa. The screen is great on all of that series. If you have a small wrist, go for the Versa. That seems  counter Intuitive as the Versa is bigger than the others, but the way the strap attaches to the smart watches allows bending at that point so it fits smaller wrists really well. I do t have anything against the tracking of the Luxe or the Charge 5, but do prefer the screen and wrist fitting of the smart watches. If you don't like a big watch though, then you would be better with one of the others. The Luxe would be my choice out of the Charge 5 and Luxe. It is just so nice!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi @Diane175 .. I think the length of time with a tracker doesn't really depend on the model. They are all so similar now in features that I don't think that is the consideration for which you should get. It really comes down to what do you need it to do. If you don't want a "smart" watch, then the Charge 5 or the Luxe or even the inspires will do everything you need them to. They are different in size, so your preference would need to be the deciding factor. For me it is screen size. I can't see the small writing, so I stick with the smart watch looking versions. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Thanks, that good info to keep in mind about wanting a "smart" watch vs screen size.. The longevity of the product does matter to me though - when they only last for a year (or less) it becomes part of the decision on how/where I'm going to spend the money.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Those are all great things to think about - thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes