Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exercise versus activity minutes

So I've been for a non stop 45 minute walk and my fitbit dashboard tells me that I've walked 45 minutes but active minutes are showing as 11. I'm probably missing something but I've been through all the settings and I can't understand why it's only showing as 11.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hey @mandyjane333 , It's a bit confusing, your heartrate needs to be elevated enough to put you in fat burn, aerobic, or peak. If you look at your heart rate tile it should show that you were in fat burn or aerobic mode for 11 min. Keep stepping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

1) Don't think of it as "activity" minutes.  It has to reach certain intensity level to count, not just doling an 'activity'.

2)  You don't say which Fitbit model you are using. Unless it is an older one, I expect you are looking at "(Active) Zone Minutes" rather than 'Active Minutes".   'Zone Minutes' generally require a higher intensity level than the previous 'Active Minutes'.  To read more about this, see What are Active Zone Minutes or active minutes on my Fitbit device? 

--------------------------

Edited to add later:

So now I see you are using Charge HR which still uses Active Minutes, not Zone Minutes, so much of the my reply above is not relevant.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

WALK
4:04 PM, Monday January 24, 2022
43:40 mins
95 bpm
200 cals

Exercise Details

HEART RATE

95 avg bpm

1 mins Peak9 mins Cardio33 mins Fat Burn" border="0">

CALORIES BURNED
5 cals/min

impact
+2,529
of 6,512 steps taken
+200
of 2,172 calories burned
+11
of 11 active minutes

Thanks for the reply but exercise details on fitbit show 1 minute peak and 33 minutes fat burning. So that does nothing to explain 11 minutes of activity. I'm using Charge HR and I keep buying replacements because I don't like getting used to changed settings etc. And I've never had this problem before this latest one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using Charge HR and there is only one active minutes and no zone minutes on my displays. I tried to copy the fitbit page in my last reply above - it listed it but the information is all there. 33 minutes fat burning but only 11 minutes of activity. I can't change anything about the activity settings and I've never had this problem with previous Charge HR devices that I've had (about 6).

Best Answer

@mandyjane333 -- Because you are using an older Fitbit, you get Active Minutes, which, for step-based activities is is measured by constant movement of the device (for at least 10 minutes). Heart rate is not part of the equation unless you are doing a non-step based activity -- so just ignore the HR info.

That said, try restarting your Charge HR since it seems to generate fewer active minutes than the Charge HRs you've had in the past.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply. It was a continuous walk as I was walking home from somewhere. I've restarted it this week as it wouldn't charge. I'll try it again then I'm out for an hour's walk later so I'll see what it registers then. 

Best Answer