Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seizure

I have used fitbit for monitoring exercise, but my daughter just had a grand mal seizure this weekend. Can any if the fitbit products be used to monitor or track seizures?
Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27
Have you seen a neurologist yet? My daughter also has seizures only when
she sleeps. She has grand mal and absent seizures. They have her on kepra
5mg twice daily. I give it to her at 6:15am and 6:15pm everyday. I also
make sure she gets plenty of sleep. They’ve found sleep deprivation causes
her seizures. Hope you find something that works for you. Taking the extra
steps to take her meds at the same time and get plenty of rest seems to be
working so far. She’s a year seizure free.
Best Answer
Hi,

Yes I have seen a neurologist and I am also on Keppra twice a day. I just started it and am taking it when I wake up in the morning and when I go to sleep at night. I hope that the Keppra works as well for me as I have heard it works for others.

Thank you!

Megan Hadley
Best Answer

My daughter has seizures and I have looked into these devices and they are way to pricey. SO we have been using my daughters versa to help us with hers. She has more while asleep than awake. SO we have been trying to put the hr and the sleep tracker together to show if she has been having them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am sorry to hear about your daughter having seizures. You might consider checking and seeing if a service dog might be able to sense when she is going to have a seizure. I have a friend who has a Boston Terrier who is a certified and trained service dog who alerts her when she is about to have a headache so bad she will pass out. Seizures are nothing to mess around with. If your daughter is on a ladder or in the bathtub or swimming and has a seizure it could be really bad. Just saying. Be sure that they are taking their meds. Meds only even out it out, it doesn't prevent them totally.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My son is the same way. All 4 seizures he has had have been at night while asleep. He screams like if they are killing him, then has an episode. He has had grand mal seizures and one time he had one where it was just his eyes stuck to the top right side and could not move them. The latest one 2 1/2 min since we started timing which was after his scream woke us up. We bought a fit bit for him to ware, but he doesn't like wearing watches so has been a struggle.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can understand your son's pain. I had a grand mal years ago due to the chicken pox virus which was re-awakened after I had it as a child. My mom ended up with shingles. Evidently it was in my spinal cord although there was no real diagnosis of it being in the spinal cord. Long story short, my sisters kids came for Thanksgiving at my parents home, and they evidently had the chicken pox but had not popped out. So we had no clue that we had been exposed. Me, and my family went on vacation and I had the worse headache by the time I returned home. Two days later, I went out like a light in the bath room. Having a grand-mal is like sticking your finger into an electrical socket and suffering a electrical charge. I thought I was having a stroke and I was in my middle 30s. I couldn't see and I could only remember moving just my left foot a little bit and that could have been because I hit my head on the corner of the sink going down, then the tile backsplash on the wall near the floor, and the floor itself. We just put carpeting on the tiled floor. Even so, it knocked some of my teeth loose. I  would normally drive my daughter to school with the baby in the car seat. All I could think of at that time was, oh my gosh! Was I in a car accident? What happened? Are my daughters okay? Yes, I couldn't see for several minutes. My older daughter found me. It wasn't a pretty sight. Yes, it was very scary. It was the only seizure I ever had. Several things I was told to avoid: flashing or strobe lights, (those can trigger seizures), and if I were to take a bath, go swimming, or climb up on a ladder, be sure to have someone with me. And yes, I was under the care of a neurologist.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used to take keppra , my neurologist thought keppra wasnt the best for me , i stopped taking the keppra like 5 years ago. Doing study medicine was good.. vimpat , i havent had a siezure about 2 years

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Vincentg14! It's good to see you around in the forums for the first time.  

Thank you for sharing your experience. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes