Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shelter at home

I am finding it difficult to get 10,000+ steps in with the stay at home orders in effect. Parks, walking trails, tracks, etc are all closed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @ClarkG1961  it's true that we may all have to be more inventive at this time. Have you tried dancing and bopping about the house? It may look silly to others, but turn on the music and move around. Twirl around while you put up your laundry one sock at a time or sweep the floor. Take the long way to get to the kitchen or the bedroom and walk a few extra steps in when cooking. My husband finally stopped asking me why I was so antsy. I told him I was stepping it up!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. I'm getting there, it's just more boring not being able to go where I
want.

Virus-free.
www.avast.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ClarkG1961  it's not easy if you're used to being able to go in to shop or have a meal. My family texts more and tries to keep in touch, but it was hard missing Easter together and knowing there are more events we'll miss in the coming weeks or months. You able to walk around your house? I tend to listen to old radio shows to take my mind off what I can't do. I've asked friends what they miss most and we all agree that what we really miss is the ability to choose to go in and not so much the stores. While you're here, take a look at the different forum areas (link in my signature) and see if you'd like to post and share with others.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Walk around the neighborhood?

The parks by me are closed for the Playgrounds but you can still walk them. One really close to me you cant park inside but you can park on the street and walk in. So its still available

Look for places like this

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer