Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign language interpreter

Once a month I spend 2hrs at church singing songs in sign language. Aka hands and arms are waving about.

Any ideas how to log this or how many calories would be burned for a 206lbs woman???

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

An addition, my heart rate goes from an awake testing of about 80bpm up to 110-120ish 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it doesn’t really matter whether you log it or not: your Fitbit will be able to pick up both your heart rate and the movements of your arms. Many of us do unusual activities that are not explicitly defined in the Fitbit universe. For instance, I do snow removal during the winter (except not during this one, since we hardly have had any snow so far): it’s like walking, except harder, since I need to push snow. The fact it’s harder is recognized via the elevated HR. Sometimes, I log these snow removal "sessions" using the generic "workout" activity, just for the fun of seeing isolated stats for it afterwards. But not logging them doesn’t leave me "short changed" in terms of steps, calories burned, active minutes etc.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

hey there @Neenieboper . I am not sure that would be considered an active minute activity. It is kind of the equivalent to someone white boarding a two hour session. Arms are moving to get key points, HR is elevated because ideas are being thrown about, but it isn't really an "activity". If you are curious how many calories that burns for you, then you can start an activity, something generic like workout and see what happens at the end of two hours. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

I just want an accurate step count. I'm in educational interpreting and I know that I'm not really at 10,000 steps per day because that's my arms moving. I sit and sign part of the day. Willstartung the tai chi activity on my Fitbit prevent it form counting my arms moving as steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I doubt it. Your arms move it going to count. I dont know what model you have but try wearing in on your ankle or putting in your pocket when you are doing this. It will prevent the false steps

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer