Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spinning Miles...?

ANSWERED

My spin bike has a virtual odometer. Is there a way to add those miles to my exercise log?

Argali/Inspire 3 ⛮ ₍⭖⁾
"Run in such a way as to attain the prize,
a crown that will last forever!"
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Argali I noticed that you can log Spinning manually and this is weird but there are two activities named Spinning. One of them has distance (on the website Dashboard):

spinning.jpg

What you could try to do is logging Spinning manually with the same starting time and duration as the one you have tracked. Copy calories, too. Enter distance and delete original Spinning (or activity that you tracked). I used to do that a long time ago (for Ionic) and it was actually working quite well. Now, I don't know, just something to try so you would be able to add distance.

@Heybales the problem is that only a few activities can be edited (the name), so @Argali would have to record it probably as "Workout" not "Spinning". I don't see any way of adding real comments (users have been asking for such a feature for a very long time) so indeed, the "hacky" way is the only way.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

If you tracking it as Spinning then distance doesn't seem to be supported for this activity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. I was just hoping that the virtual distance could be added manually.

It would be useful for other exercise machines that record virtual distances, too.

Argali/Inspire 3 ⛮ ₍⭖⁾
Best Answer
0 Votes

Activity Records as you have in place, can be edited for comments.

Not the data, as it's literally just a snapshot of what are the stats the Fitbit saw during this chunk of time.

But you can add notes, or for easier reference, just add to the title the distance & anything else meaningful you might want to view for quick review to compare sessions.

Like some spin classes have a focus, hills, tempo, speed, ect - can include that, perhaps avgHR right in title for quick reference.

That way a month down the road, you can quickly scan back through workouts and see this session was the same, you did the same avgHR, but you increased virtual miles by 5 - so you improved.

"Spin class - tempo - avgHR 155 - 18m"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Argali I noticed that you can log Spinning manually and this is weird but there are two activities named Spinning. One of them has distance (on the website Dashboard):

spinning.jpg

What you could try to do is logging Spinning manually with the same starting time and duration as the one you have tracked. Copy calories, too. Enter distance and delete original Spinning (or activity that you tracked). I used to do that a long time ago (for Ionic) and it was actually working quite well. Now, I don't know, just something to try so you would be able to add distance.

@Heybales the problem is that only a few activities can be edited (the name), so @Argali would have to record it probably as "Workout" not "Spinning". I don't see any way of adding real comments (users have been asking for such a feature for a very long time) so indeed, the "hacky" way is the only way.

Best Answer

Now a Work Record that you show adding indeed has limited to no comment ability available.

The Fitbit created, or manually added in upper right of picture Activity Record - has a mere text label and notes to use for whatever you want to use.

It does seem there is a time limit for going back in time and changing older records though.

But indeed if keeping the suggested calorie burn - create an Activity Record.

The steps or distance from a manually entered Workout Record are invalid for challenges anyway, since people use to cheat that way easily.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Heybales I see it now. That's something new. I can't stop wondering if Fitbit could add the Notes field to the activity record what stopped them from simply adding such a field to activities of all types (but the very same I'm wondering why the touch lock is available only for Swim activity but not system-wide... masters of design).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not looking to compete in challenges.

I have converted my spin bike to an arm cycle/UBE.

I will be adding an odometer/speedometer to it.

Distance is a more intuitive workout (for me) than reps are.

That way I can backward-crank for the same distance (approx. reps) that I forward-cranked.

Argali/Inspire 3 ⛮ ₍⭖⁾
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I enter it manually, I can call it "cranking," instead.

"Spinning" is just the nearest available exercise shortcut.

Argali/Inspire 3 ⛮ ₍⭖⁾
Best Answer
0 Votes