Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotlight - New tabs on Fitbit app: Coach, Today, You

The newly redesigned Fitbit app now features 3 new tabs; Coach, Today and You. Which new tab have you been using the most to further your health journey?

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Won't be using any until you fix the app. This post is totally tone deaf considering what I can only describe as the complete destruction of the app. The much vaunted redesign is basically a redesign of the home screen, not the entire app. All of the functionality that was there is missing. Do Fitbit product managers not read reviews on the App Stores! I not too far away from purchasing replacing my Versa 2, but if theres no improvement in the situation in the next few moths, I’ll be abandoning Fitbit for another platform. This hurts as I’ve been a very happy Fitbit customer since 2014 and you have all my data from then. But if Fitbit continues to not even acknowledge the’ve messed up here you can kiss goodbye to my cash. If you want people to take premium, you need to get the basics right 1st!

Best Answer

@LeticiaFitbit don't get me wrong but Coach tab requires Premium and shouldn't Fitbit provide fully functional and finished product first when offers paid sections? This app is full of issues, unfinished, mixed with old app interface. The development had to be a real mess. I use only basics - workout/sports tracking and that isn't even working correctly. Just a few examples:

- duration and start time of activities has been stripped of seconds. My HM race with time 1:30:32 has been rounded up to 1h31m. It makes impossible to track PBs.

- zones has been renamed in some places and left with old names in other places (confusing when it comes to ie. AZM)

- the map in exercise detailed view has no any labels and detail. Looks just dull. But it's not the worst issue. The worst is that it has no distance markers. Those appear after expanding map to fullscreen yet they are still unlabelled (need to tap to see associated mileage).

- the time in custom HR zone is not specified in the exercise details anymore. What is the point of custom HR zone now?

- the maximum HR during exercise doesn't appear anymore. Only Avg BPM. I know some people were using it when doing stress test to find maximum HR and then set their zones. Now, this is gone.

- In swimming, the terms "laps" and "lengths" have been mixed up and cause confusion.

And these are issues just from one single screen of the app. I didn't try to check other types of workouts to see whether there are other problems with data presentation but I must say, it's kind of a talent to make so many bad decisions for just a single screen of the app. And here's another funny part. The app is so unfinished that iOS users don't even have that new exercise details view yet! 🙂

The part of the app that is most important to me is a malfunctioning mess.

Best Answer

I cant believe you have posted this on here without addressing the HUGE issue of the awful app update and the hundreds of comments following your last post that have gone ignored. When will Fitbit be addressing this issue ?!?!?!?!?!

Best Answer

I think that how you set the goals is an improvement, all together. 

But the badges lost all the personality. OK to the fact of homogeneous UX, but the badges are totally impersonal 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also want to know about this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This update is the worst thing Fitbit has done short of being eaten by Google. It makes premium almost nonfunctional.

I do not know who they tested this non-508 complaint garbage with, but they are idiots. I am looking for an alternative I hate less. When I started using Premium to help me manage my diabetes, it was a great help, and I could find all the necessary information - not least of which is my battery life. Now I get a picture of a battery 4 days after charging, telling me it is full - NOT EVEN CLOSE.

I am just disappointed and hope I can find something else to help me.

Best Answer
0 Votes