Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps VS Miles

ANSWERED

I have noticed that the data for the steps and miles accounted for doesn’t seem to make sense. One day I have 10,000 steps and it accounts for 3.5 miles. Another day I have 7,500 and it accounts for 3.7 miles. I have had my height entered since initial set up (over a year and half) and the stride length set on auto. I’m not sure how or if there was a way to correct this or if anyone else was noticing similarities. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This can depend on the type of activities you are doing each day (e.g. walking/running vs. being active in a more static environment), the type of tracker you have (e.g. has built-in GPS, supports "Connected GPS" or no support for GPS) and how you use it (for instance, do you record activities on your tracker, if it has built-in GPS or can use your phone’s GPS). If GPS is not being used, distance is stride length x steps.

If you want to gauge your total activity level, you should look at calories burned rather than miles. If miles are of interest to you, you should make sure GPS is being used.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

This can depend on the type of activities you are doing each day (e.g. walking/running vs. being active in a more static environment), the type of tracker you have (e.g. has built-in GPS, supports "Connected GPS" or no support for GPS) and how you use it (for instance, do you record activities on your tracker, if it has built-in GPS or can use your phone’s GPS). If GPS is not being used, distance is stride length x steps.

If you want to gauge your total activity level, you should look at calories burned rather than miles. If miles are of interest to you, you should make sure GPS is being used.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer