Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps not calculating right

If I do not sync my fitbit before 12:00 midnight each day I can be assured that my steps that are carried over will not correspond with what my watch says.  Today I did more than 12,000 steps and I was only showing 8013 total.  What could possibly be my problem.   Hope someone can help me out here...it is frustrating to work so hard and then not be given credit for it.     Signed BJC  

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

You will have to explain a bit more. So you have 12000 showing at 1 minute to midnight but the next day it only shows 8000 on the dashboard?

What do you mean by 'carried over'?

Best Answer

With nearly 6 years of experience with numerous Fitbit trackers ranging from One to Ionic, I can tell you it is very unlikely your hard-earned steps would go missing / unaccounted for. Even if you are not able to sync for several consecutive days (for instance, if you’re travelling to an area with no internet coverage), your steps (and other tracked metrics) will still be stored in the device’s internal memory, and split correctly over the various days. As @Bill_k said, more info is needed in order to diagnose your problem. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Please disregard my complaint....it is working just fine! thanks so much!
Best Answer

@cyrusbj38573.. great.. it is good to hear all is well. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes