Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps v exercise

ANSWERED

I  haven't been able to get in 10,000 steps a day. But, I have been doing heavy exercise every single day. I take a daily ballet class that's approximately an hour and a half long, sometimes on point, and it usually nets be about 600+ calories of burn according to my Fitbit charge 2. Just an aside, I calibrated the Fitbit against my polar FT40 and they were similar in the calorie burn.

Should I still be aiming for the 10,000 steps in addition to the exercise?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you get your exercise through other means that is not step based, then you don't have to do the steps on top of that. Ofcourse it is important to keep moving throughout the day by moving every hour outside of your balley class (the hourly reminder). This will lower a lot of risks related to cardiovascilur health.

Karolien | The Netherlands

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

If you get your exercise through other means that is not step based, then you don't have to do the steps on top of that. Ofcourse it is important to keep moving throughout the day by moving every hour outside of your balley class (the hourly reminder). This will lower a lot of risks related to cardiovascilur health.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer