Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress Test.

Just a quick question:)?

when taking a stress test (which I will next week) what is a good test?

is it based off how long you can walk for or how fast it takes you to get to your goal HR? And if you do get it up there fast is that good?

just wanting some info before I go in, My HR gets high with little  exercise. An example is I can be walking outside and it's 130. I'm only 22 so my goal would be about 170, I can get that with fast paced walking or jogging pretty fast. Is that good or bad? I can stay at a high heart rate for a bit without shutting down sometimes when my HR is 120 I'm not aware till I check my Fitbit:)?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Also my RHR is in the 50's. Mid when I'm off my monthly, high 50's when ovulating and low 50's when I'm on my period. Just some more heart info. 

As you can tell I'm a bit nervous. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
ive never had a stress test so im not much help but i hope yours goes well
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in my mid 40s and I have not had a stress test- I am curious and of course you don't need to answer- why would someone so young need one? Are you not feeling well or is there history of heart disease in your family? Are you starting intense training?

I think the best thing for you to do is to contact your physician and ask what you can expect, what the outcome will tell and any other questions you think of. They are in the best position to calm your nerves and set your expectations. Good luck and I am sure you will do just fine.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

I had a stress test 8 years ago and don't remember all the details. It was walking on a treadmill which would gradually increase slope at preprogrammed time intervals. I don't remember if speed styed the same or gradually increased. I had monitors to follow heart rate (and I think BP) and stopped when rate hit 85% of (220 - minus age); I was fine to go longer but they automatically stopped at that heart rate; would have stopped sooner if I had problems. I think it was about 8 minutes of walking to get to "max" heart rate, which doc said was longer than most.

The longer it took me to get to the preset heart rate I guess would have meant the better shape I was in, but judging/measuring fitness was not really the issue. It was to check for blockages.  If I remember right, after I got to that heart rate, they injected something into my vein, then a little while later did a scan of my heart. What they injected made the blood vessels show up in the scan. Getting to "max" heart rate before was to open up all he blood vessels so the scan could see if any were blocked off - they were not so all was good. I had to go back again the next day for another scan - not sure why. My doctor moved out of town before I could ask about that but I was told all was good so no worries.

I was a bit concerned beforehand about getting to that "max" heart rate from walking but it turned out to be not a problem for me.

The reason for my stress test was occasion discomfort in chest, which I did not think was heart-related but doc wanted to play it safe. That issue resolved itself with no after-problems.

The procedure was really nothing to worry about, especially when you are used to walking for exercise. 

I hope it goes a smoothly for you as it did for me, and with good results.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

I don't mind answering, I have a low Hr and not in shape and I get palpitations randomly sometimes as well as I get tired sometimes too. I've had ekg and blood work and X-ray all came back okay. My cardiologist ordered a echo and stresstest. She said she wanted to be sure that nothing is wrong and not blow me off 🙂 I'm 5'4 and weigh 165. 

Best Answer
0 Votes