Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tabata feature on fitbit would be amazing

Who else thinks that a Tabata feature on the Fitbit would be awesome? I hate looking at my timer when doing short spurts of different exercises and this feature would be easy to use and used by many

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Is that just interval training?  If so, that's on the Charge2

Best Answer

Its like a timer that alerts you every 30 seconds so that you can then switch to another set of something. For example, you could set it for 30 seconds and do squats, then when it buzzes, do another 30 seconds of jumping jacks, etc... Easier than checking your stop watch. The blaze doesn't have anything like that 

Best Answer

I work out to the Jessica Smith TV videos, and in one, she uses a Gymboss timer to time the intervals. (It's a cool video that alternates between walking and strength training. I do it two mornings a week.) I guess you set the interval you want and how many, and it just buzzes you when it's time to start the new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd suggest submitting a enhancement request.  It's on the Charge2, never used it so I can't tell you if it works or not.

Best Answer

You didn’t tell us which Fitbit tracker you are using. As @Mukluk4 mentioned, the Charge 2 supports interval workouts. For more info, see this help article about it.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use the interval training workout for this specifically on my charge 2, works great

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the blaze and it isn't an available option I don't think.

Best Answer

I have the Blaze as well. This is another one of those times where Fitbit hits a pet peeve of mine. If you're paying more for the Blaze, you should have all the features of the less-expensive models. 

Best Answer

Yeah, its one of those fitbit weird things, they have many devices with petty differentiators like one device has altitude measurement and another doesn't. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Charge 2 comes with an interval listing on the exercise menu.  U use the dashboard to set it up and can decide the time for moving and resting.  I use it on the treadmill and like it a lot.  I vibrates when it is time to change modes (move to rest or however you set it).

Best Answer
0 Votes