Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The best way to track roller blading TIPS?

Hello all,

New to the community and the platform. I like running, swimming, cycling and roller blading. The latter is not an option to track which I only found out after buying the product unfortunately.

So now I was wondering: how do other Fitbit users do this?

I use the "work-out" exercise since that seems to be the only one that can be edited afterwards. However, no GPS information is present then. I could go for cycling because it has GPS, BUT it's not cycling and I cannot edit this exercise, so that makes it kind of confusing in my stats. I would have multiple cycling sessions in my week, while 1 or 2 of them might be roller blading... 

To add: I know there is a "outdoor workout" on the tracker and when I activate that it shows "GPS Connected", but looking in the app, there is nog GPS information and you can not edit this workout to match "roller blading". (plus it will not count towards steps, but that might be debatable since you are not really "stepping".))

I know I can track "inline skating" in the Google Fit app, but there is no way to sync that to Fitbit (which is still hilarious looking at Google acquired Fitbit). But you can sync to My Fitness Pal and then the exercise goes to Fitbit, but I would rather not do that, since my other exercises by Fitbit will also be synced to MFP and synced back to Fitbit, making me have some exercises doubled up. 

What is the best practice for this? Just keep on using workout and ignore the fact you have no GPS information? Or go for outdoor workout or something else? It's really ashame you can only edit workout and not outdoor workout, since that seems to have GPS. 

Yours is not to reason why, yours is but to do and die.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I'm not sure there is a best practice. Just what works for you. I would use either the outdoor workout, or running, etc. You could make a suggestion that we be allowed to rename outdoor workouts, just like the regular "workout", but that might take a while.

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer
0 Votes