Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The secret? Pokemon Go

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/healthtrending/pok%c3%a9mon-go-makes-people-walk-2000-more-steps/ar-...

In the report, Xu and colleagues asked 167 iPhone users who had played Pokémon Go to send them screenshots of their daily steps that were recorded on an iPhone app for close to 50 days. On average, the people in the study walked about 5,600 steps a day before using the game, and their average daily steps increased to about 7,600 steps after playing the game. The men and women were also twice as likely to reach their goal of 10,000 daily steps if they were playing Pokémon Go. Even the people in the study with the lowest activity levels at the start of the game seemed to improve by walking nearly 3,000 more steps a day after playing the game.

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Yeah last summer my husband and I walked so much because of Pokemon Go. But then as life got crazy and we moved and it got cold, we stopped. But we are walking again on weekends. It is a good motivator to get my husband to walk with me. Unfortunately he will only want to go where there is good Pokemon or Pokestops. And me I just want to go enjoy a walk. I still like the game but I just want to walk and enjoy it and not have my nose in a phone the whole time and enjoy his company. Oh well, something is better than nothing, right?

Best Answer

I completley forgot about Pokemon go! I may have to start this up again. Geochaching is another good app to get people walking, if you havent tried that and you like Pokemon go I definitely recommend. The only difference is your actually looking for something physical hidden using your phone to guide you to the location! 

Best Answer

I dont know. I can play it riding in the car. I can sit on my couch and open it up and catch some strange ones. I walk the same place right now. They never come out. But yet I can sit at home and bring odd ones out?

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@WendyB My husband and I are part of a Pokemon Group for our area on Facebook. In the group they post where the nests are every time they change. So there was a Cyndiquil nest at this park 30 minutes from us. So we drove there and walked around the park for a little over an hour to catch them. So maybe you can find a group for your area and see what pokemon spawn at different parks and go to that one to catch some stuff.

Best Answer

@Megzzzx Thanks I did join A group

Community Council Member

Best Answer

I didn't (but should of) log how much I walked/biked during the summer pokemon go craze. Wish I had a fitbit during those months! I was out for hours with my fiancé and friends multiple nights per week. I hope its a big thing again this spring/summer

Best Answer
0 Votes

i CHECKED OUT POKEMON GO JUST INSIDE THE HOUSE AND NOT SURE IF I COULD EVEN WALK OUTSIDE WITHOUT WALKING INTO SOMETHING STATIONERY! JUT I'M A VORACIOUS WALKER WHO HAS SORT OF FALLEN OFF THE WAGON, BUT I STARTED WORKING OUT AGAIN YESTERDAY AND AM TRYING FOR 10,000 STEPS PER DAY. I'M AT 6825 ALREADY TODAY AND ITS ONLY NOON SO I MAY MAKE IT ...

Best Answer

i ALSO GOT A NEW CHARGE 2 AND STILL AM TOTALLY HOOKED AGAIN! 

@amandakelly1989 wrote:

I didn't (but should of) log how much I walked/biked during the summer pokemon go craze. Wish I had a fitbit during those months! I was out for hours with my fiancé and friends multiple nights per week. I hope its a big thing again this spring/summer

Best Answer

That sounds like alot of  fun. And would be a good thing to do with my husband who doesn't walk unless   he absolutely has to!

Best Answer

Can it be connected to the fit bit inspire HR?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MamaLindsayIt doesn't connect to anything. Just use on your phone

Community Council Member

Best Answer