Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Activity

ANSWERED

I'd like to track exercises that aren't an instant option on my Charge 3. (e.g. Pilates and Spin - cycling). Does Fitbit automatically recognize these in the app? or should I just keep a good judge on when I start and then enter them manually? Anyone track these? or others?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Rochelle1016 Pilates and cycling should be an option.

• Simply go into your Fitbit app, click on your profile image on the left hand corner.

• Select your Charge 3 and then scroll down to Exercise Shortcuts and select it.

• From there, you may need to delete some existing exercises (swipe to the right on the exercise name to delete it). 

• Now you can tap on the blue “+ Exercise” option and add Pilates and Cycling. 

• Sync your Charge 3 and the exercises should be on your device. 

Hope that helps!

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @Rochelle1016,

Yes, I tracked a number of activities that aren't in Fitbit's list. What I do is use the Exercise app to log them as Workout. Then later, you can go into the web dashboard ("Dashboard" link at the top of this page, then go to Log, then Activity. When you find the Workout entry, you can use the pencil icon to rename it to whatever you like. Hope that helps.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

@Rochelle1016 Pilates and cycling should be an option.

• Simply go into your Fitbit app, click on your profile image on the left hand corner.

• Select your Charge 3 and then scroll down to Exercise Shortcuts and select it.

• From there, you may need to delete some existing exercises (swipe to the right on the exercise name to delete it). 

• Now you can tap on the blue “+ Exercise” option and add Pilates and Cycling. 

• Sync your Charge 3 and the exercises should be on your device. 

Hope that helps!

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

@Heather-S my charge 3 doesn't have those. (I think they showed up once). I can't add any exercises to the short cuts, and my app says all shortcuts are in use. I have: Swim, Treadmill, Run, Weights, Bike (not stationary), ad Interval Workout. 

Is there any update? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This morning I tried to use the bike shortcut to track my stationary bike use, (and did the interval one too) but could not edit them.

Do you do the real time log? or do you do back and enter it in? 

I notice that if I log a past exercise I don't get activity minutes for it, even if it connect the correct heart rate data....weird

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rochelle1016 - your CH3 can only list so many exercise shortcuts at once and you are at the max.  Delete one of the six you have listed to add something different,

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all!

@Heather-S@Baltoscott and @WavyDavey thanks for the help and specific instructions. That is exactly what I would do. 

@Rochelle1016 let us know if you were able to edit your shortcut settings. There are plenty of options which you can choose from. 

Have a great day you all! Regards. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

On your charge 3 you can only have 6 activity shortcuts at a time. 
If you want to add one, you need to delete one. That's all Charge 3 offers - unfortunately
Many other users have posted how to do that. 

Best Answer

Hello @MSign, welcome to the forums! You are 100% correct. Thanks for the advice.

We wish you a happy training with your Charge 3. Regards!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes