Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Training with new technology shoes

Does anyone have experience with the new technology in running shoes? If so, which ones did you try and did they make you faster?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@dz1234   Can you name some brands and models?  Every running shoe manufacturer claims to have improved technology -- with every new year's model.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am referring to the new plated shoes--both the ones the elite runners use and the less expensive (but still expensive) newer versions. Some examples:

Nike Vaporfly Next%

Saucony Endorphin Pro

Saucony Endorphin Speed

Brooks Hyperion Elite

Hoka Rocket X

Atreyu Artist

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm interested in general, but more specifically, I have noticed that some of the low-end plated shoes have come down in price so that they are similar to my Brooks Ghost (which I love) and wonder if it is worth trying. Specifically, the Saucony Endorphin Speed have come down in price, since they are coming out with the speed 2. Also, the Atreyu are even cheaper than my Ghosts. If anyone has experience with these shoes, I would love to hear about it.

It seems pretty clear that elite runners are getting faster with the high end shoes, but I wonder whether the same is true for the normal runner in less expensive shoes.

-----------------------------------------

Just an update, in case anyone cares and maybe others can share their experiences. I ended up buying the Saucony Endorphin Speed on sale. For those unfamiliar, these have a nylon plate (as opposed to a carbon plate) and are more of a budget racing shoe. My first impression is that they seem springy and feel like they may give a boost at higher speeds. For what it is worth (probably not much), I tried to go out for a normal run in them and my pace was faster than my normal run--not personal record pace, but I wasn't aiming for that. My heart rate average was a little higher than I usually see during a run, so there may have been a placebo effect, as well. 

I'm doing a half marathon on Sunday, which should be a better test. 

Best Answer