Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two jobs and Gym

ANSWERED

I work two jobs(I work from 7:30AM to 11PM) and I have trouble getting to the Gym. I would like to know how to fit in my Workouts and if someone else has this problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Gee, I feel for you! Hopefully you will be able to switch to a more sustainable working schedule at some point, sooner rather than later. Until then, I think there are other higher priorities for you than finding time to work out at the gym. One would be sleep. Another one would be eating (including the time needed to shop for grocery and prepare meals. Both are hugely important for your health and well-being. I assume your current schedule and time constraints don’t allow you to get enough quality sleep and have optimal eating patterns.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Gee, I feel for you! Hopefully you will be able to switch to a more sustainable working schedule at some point, sooner rather than later. Until then, I think there are other higher priorities for you than finding time to work out at the gym. One would be sleep. Another one would be eating (including the time needed to shop for grocery and prepare meals. Both are hugely important for your health and well-being. I assume your current schedule and time constraints don’t allow you to get enough quality sleep and have optimal eating patterns.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I would go  walking at Lunch time just to relive some stress

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Explore flex scheduling with one of your two employers and see if they're cool with, say expanding your lunch time to 2 or 2.5 hours in exchange for making up those hours remotely or at times they need someone but are typically light (I'm thinking retail on a weekday evening for example). I just swam through my lunch "hour" today (it was more like 1.5 with travel time). Another thought is consider 24 hour gyms if your circumstances allow it. When I was a bartender I worked out at 2am (which was brutal after standing for 9 hours) but the place was vacant and I made it leisurely. Hope that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sjanae90 That sounds exhausting!  I would try fitting in some workouts during your lunch break if you can.  Just walking on my lunch break helps reset me for the day.  Best of luck!

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes