Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using apps with My Fitness Pal and Map my Walk.

ANSWERED

I was using the My Fitness Pal and Map my Walk apps. before purchasing FB Flex.  I sync all three.  Do you think this is a good plan?   Do you think this is an accurate plan.   I am not logging food in FB Flex.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I use my FitBit Flex with MyFitnessPal, MapMyRun / Ride, and Strava. I just started using the Strava app to map my walks and it is so much faster and easier to log than MapMyRun. May start using this for all my walks and rides. Just seems to be a lot more accurate and aquires the GPS signal faster.

In MFP, be sure to go to Settings > Diary Settings and check the box to enable Negative Adjustments. This will help show a more accurate count from the FitBit. At least, that's my understanding.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi Charjean, I use Runkeeper to measure my walk distance and time since GPS is a more accurate way than FB to deal with distance. After I started with FB back in late March I realized that simple walking/stepping wasn't going to get me the results of weight loss that I wanted.  So I began walking quickly, and then faster.

So yes, it makes sense to use FB, but to also use another app to measure/time your walks or runs.  Yesterday I walked 6.36 miles in 1:37:41 (15:21/mile) and this morning I did 6.63 miles in 1:39:09 (14:58/mile) as measured by Runkeeper.

And I also log my food with FB so I know calories in/calories out.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I love my Weight Watchers app on my iPhone
Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
0 Votes
Also love Map My Walk - gives me an updated speed
Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
0 Votes

I use my FitBit Flex with MyFitnessPal, MapMyRun / Ride, and Strava. I just started using the Strava app to map my walks and it is so much faster and easier to log than MapMyRun. May start using this for all my walks and rides. Just seems to be a lot more accurate and aquires the GPS signal faster.

In MFP, be sure to go to Settings > Diary Settings and check the box to enable Negative Adjustments. This will help show a more accurate count from the FitBit. At least, that's my understanding.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My question about using the new Fitbit run/walk mapper is that often enough the main Fitbit app doesn't connect or loses blue tooth connection and therefore doesn't display changes (I admit that this could be related to my phone and not the app, but it is my reality right now).

I've gotten to the point where I don't even look at the Fitbit read-out until I'm home and depend entirely on Runkeeper to monitor my progress.  RK obtains a GPS signal almost immediately on activation, holds it, measures my distance and pace, and gives me the information I need to know how any single walk is going.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does MapMyRun/Ride  track bicycling?  I have MapMyWalk on phone, did not know about the bike.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@grandma10 wrote:

Does MapMyRun/Ride  track bicycling?  I have MapMyWalk on phone, did not know about the bike.

Yes. MapMyRide. It estimates calorie burn too if desired.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

just got map my walk and was wondering if the battery goes fast when useing it. thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

just got map my walk and was wondering if the battery goes fast when useing it. thanks

Any walking/running app that uses GPS on your phone will drain your battery faster. How fast: you will see in practice, depending on your phone and the length of your walk.

Not using MapMyWalk, but rather Runtastic Pro, and was able to record a 10 hour walk last Summer. Started with battery fully charged, just had the time to stop the activity and the battery was fully drained. That was with a one-year old Motorola MotoG.

That was in the Ruunaa national park in Eastern Finland, close to the Russian border:

Ruunaa July 2015

It also gave my step record so far:

2016-04-09_1217.png

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes