Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vibration power plate

ANSWERED

Does anyone use one of these?  I have recently purchased one, and absolutely love it!!  

My question is, is it possible to use the fitbit ultra whilst using the plate?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I doubt very much that it would be accurate

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

I doubt very much that it would be accurate

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
Thanks for your reply xx
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am very interested in getting one of these machines too!  I hae een trying to research/compare, but am confused.  What brand and model did you purchase, and how did you decide upon that one?  Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I use the power plate at my gym i love it !!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Krystal,
Thanks for your reply. Do you know what brand the one you love is?
Marla
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SMVN wrote:

Does anyone use one of these?  I have recently purchased one, and absolutely love it!!  

My question is, is it possible to use the fitbit ultra whilst using the plate?

Hi there,

I realize your post is quite old but it appears you might not have gotten a reply to your question.

Yes, it is possible!  I use my fitbit Charge HR on the Power Plate (mi5) every day, and it does not skew my Steps in any significant way.  Matter of fact, my CHR "thinks" I'm doing "Outdoor bike"... and it only gives me about 32 to 45 cal per each 10 minutes I'm actively working out on Power Plate.

According to Livestrong.com article, a 10 min on Power Plate for a 150 lbs person, the calorie count is 47.  So, according to that, my 25 to 30 min sessions should be 800+ to 1400+ calories per.

I know, this sounds like waaaay to much but my workouts are VERY intensive, non-stop, high frequency and min 60 seconds per stance/pose.  I'd compare it to a circuit workout at the gym - moving fast between machines, heavy weights, and no more than 20 seconds rest between.  Done those, too.  And they do burn, and they burn good 🙂

After I'm done my Power Plate session, I'm sweating buckets, so I know it's not a measly 32 calories...

Anyway, sorry for the long reply, but there are many details to this Power Plate / fitbit subject.  I hope I answered at least some of your questions.

Best Answer

My apologies. My comment has appeared twice, and I cannot find the Delete option...
Best Answer
Thank you so much for your reply.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

You can read this review :

http://www.vibrationplatereviews.com

I bought the Confidence vibration plate on the top of the list. It was pricey compared to other plates, but not compared to other fitness equipment. 

This one has hand rails so my mother can use it. Also, the larger platform allows me to do a variety of exercises while on it. 

Best Answer

Please note that the website you linked to is a 'review' site with ID links (meaning they get paid for clicks).  In an older thread I did some looking online and the only site I could easily find tonight that didn't benefit in the sales of them (WebMD) gives possible bone density improvement and balance as the positives.  With an aging population it could be a good preventive tool, but I can't find anything recent (other than adverts).

http://www.henrylahore.com/Health/WBV/#Studies

(really good list of studies done)

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Before I purchased my vibrating platform I read studies from the Mayo clinic about vibration playforms and the benefits for fibro sufferers. I also read articles related to fibro that were from Germany and Switzerland. They all recommended the one machine..has to be 1200w and only 3D with a vibration rate of 20-60....everfit is the only machine I found that matched all those requirements. Before the fibro flares became a permanent stuation (as in NEVER goes away) I was a very active person but finro took that lifestyle away from me. Since I started using the vibration platform I can now do short walks and some house work and am up to doing four pushups on the platform.They are great for relieving the muscle pain and has started to help me get some lost mucle tone back. I have lost one kilo since I started but I chalk that up to being able to move more freely and being able to take a walk now without being in excruciating pain. I just wish the fitbit versa I have had a exercise option for it...I have to use the run option and then manually take that info and put it in then delete the run that it registered. 

Best Answer

I too recently got a Lifepro Waver Vibration Platform. I would not see how to add to Versa 2 exercises.

ON the first day I did the 15 minute workout. The versa did not detect anything.

ON the second day I did my 1 mile dog walk after my 10 minute LifePro session,and the Active zone minutes skyrocketed. I was clear I was starting at a Fat Burning zone and moved to Cardio level very quickly. I have asked LifePro if this was a reasonable approach to the workout. Waiting for answer.

Best Answer

Hi there. I purchased the Confidence fitness machine 2 years ago through Amazon. I use it everyday and love it! I did research other models and brands. You can google top vibration machines. I also saw this used by physicians on a show to see if it worked and it did. I too am concerned that the fitbit doesn't really record the time spent on it though. Good Luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use the power plate at the gym😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought the life pro rumblex pro about a week ago and love it!  👍😁

Best Answer

Have you found a way log exercise with your fitbit on the Rumblex?  I just started using a Rumblex 4D.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there

so what do you exercise do you set your Fitbit too?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry typo error.....I meant what exercise option do you set your Fitbit to?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven’t found a way to track use of Rumblex with Fitbit...but haven’t played around with it much.

Best Answer
0 Votes