Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video: How to Create Closed Groups in the Fitbit App

Hi everyone,

I made a video that shows how to create closed groups in the Fitbit app. This might be a nice way for you to keep up with your Fitbit friends in the absence of challenges. Let me know if you have any questions.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I'm not trying to set up a group, but was told to look for a group. I can't find it. On my fitbit app the "groups" option is grayed out. I can't find it in the website desktop either. How do I find it? Or does the person need to send me a personal invite?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think you need to be invited by a friend. Friend means they added you as
a friend on the app and they see you in their friend list.
Best Answer

Yes you need a personal invite, the group I am I was added by someone from Ukraine and am really enjoying it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for creating this.  It was very helpful.😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I'm trying to meet more friends. No one I personally know uses fitbit. That's why I miss challenges so much. Could anyone help me joining an active group?

Best Answer

hello i have just joined fitbit and i am a first time fitbit user i have got the charge 5 and im looking out to join a group as well

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Heather. I cannot figure out how to share daily steps within a group. I have looked everywhere. It's been a year since your post so maybe they have done away with that since last year. If you see this can you let me know? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NurseHannah I don’t think there’s a way to share your total daily stats any longer unless you screenshot your app today screen. You can still share sleep, exercise, active hours. You can go into the group and share a screenshot of your daily stats, but I’m 99% certain you can’t just share the daily steps. 

I did it here with a screenshot of my today screen. 

IMG_3557.png

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the response! That is what I figured and have been doing. Not
as easy but it works. Thanks!!!
Best Answer